• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

WildPlace's Camino slideshow

WildPlace

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2013, 2015
Via de la Plata 2022
I've finally been through my photographs and put them together on uTube.

My friend Sarah and I walked out of SJPdP on the 13th September 2013, our friend Lizzie joined us in Ponferrada on the 13th October and we all walked into Santiago on the 23rd October 2013. It was a first Camino for all of us.

The experience was truly amazing and one I will never, ever forget. We met so many wonderful people along the way and even now, 4 months later I dream nearly every night that I am still on the Camino - I think it is calling me back!

The soundtrack isn't the best, I compiled the video/slideshow in iMovie and I haven't done many before :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you so much for sharing that- it's a beautiful slideshow. You've taken time to notice details as you have passed through places, and I loved seeing the Camino in autumn. I am going to share the link with my Camino friends who have walked in spring. Such contrasts from what we saw. I had thought the autumn would be such a 'harsh' time, and certainly the earth is very barren- but the colours are so vibrant and changing. I loved the sunset at Orisson (or was it sunrise?), and I loved the peek inside what I guess must be the Parador at Leon? I think if I ever pass that way again I will take a little break there myself for a treat! You seemed to strike favourable weather most of the time too. So many memories you have rekindled, and perhaps even an urge to walk again!
Thanks so much.
Margaret

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you @wayfarer and @KiwiNomad06 for your kind comments :) the weather was great apart from the last couple of weeks - there are not so many photos from the last 2 weeks. The day we walked up to O'Cebreiro was particularly memorable - the rocky track was a river of liquid cow muck! It absolutely poured with rain all day and the cloud was low. but we arrived, found beds, had a lovely pilgrims meal and met one of our Camino family that we hadn't seen for a week. Happy times.

Yes it was sunrise at Orisson :) and the Parador was stupendous - not so much the room, that was pretty standard but the public areas for guests were amazing. We stayed mostly in albergues but treated ourself once a week to either a hotel or a private room.

Beautiful video! Thank you for sharing. Looks like a good time was had by all.

Thank you @TioRay, yes we had a good time - it wasn't all plain sailing and pain free and we had our challenges too but we got through :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you @TioRay, yes we had a good time - it wasn't all plain sailing and pain free and we had our challenges too but we got through :)

I think most people have their challenges. But they're all part of the story, part of the memories, and a reason why reaching the Cathedral, and receiving a Compostela at the end are precious for most.
Margaret

Yes, Margaret I agree. Sarah and I felt very emotional on our last day, walking into Santiago from O'Pedrouzo. We stopped a lot almost as if we didn't want to get to the end!

Receiving the Compostela was a very special moment - I was able to get it dedicated to my son, last year was the tenth anniversary of his death and part of my reason for walking. Another special moment was leaving a stone at the Cruz de Ferro I had carried it with me from the beach near the cemetary where my son is buried.

Very nice show...your photos are excellent. Thanks for sharing. Although we were roughly 30 days ahead of you, I feel like you were standing right beside me in many of the photos.
Jim

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks Wildplace, that was a nice way for me to pass time, and in my opinion you needn't concern yourself about the soundtrack, it sounded good to me and matched the visual presentation. The second track is great!
Buen Camino

My friend Sarah and I walked out of SJPdP on the 13th September 2013, our friend Lizzie joined us in Ponferrada on the 13th October and we all walked into Santiago on the 23rd October 2013. It was a first Camino for all of us.

The experience was truly amazing and one I will never, ever forget. We met so many wonderful people along the way and even now, 4 months later I dream nearly every night that I am still on the Camino - I think it is calling me back!

The soundtrack isn't the best, I compiled the video/slideshow in iMovie and I haven't done many before :)

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos and the special dedication to your son. How powerful that must have been and I hope a little more healing for you. Your whole pilgrimage sounds like it was wonderful even with the challenges. I think the soundtrack was beautiful,all of it. I start my second pilgrimage in May and am trying very hard not to say “I can’t wait to be there”. I want to savor the excitement and anticipation.

Buen Camino and thank you once again for the beautiful photos.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks guys :) @pattymo97206 buen camino for May, which route are you walking?

The last time I was there, I only did 230 miles and missed the Meseta altogether. I knew before I left Spain the first time I would be back to walk the entire Camino Frances. And that’s what I”m going to do. It will be a totally different walk from the first time!

Thank you so much! Your slide show was amazing, inspiring.....I am doing the Camino in September of 2014. So excited! Fun to get a sneak peek.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The last time I was there, I only did 230 miles and missed the Meseta altogether. I knew before I left Spain the first time I would be back to walk the entire Camino Frances. And that’s what I”m going to do. It will be a totally different walk from the first time!

Totally different but very enjoyable! I loved the meseta, it was one of my favourite parts. Buen camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you so much! Your slide show was amazing, inspiring.....I am doing the Camino in September of 2014. So excited! Fun to get a sneak peek.

Barbara, I was on Camino in the Fall of 2012 and it was beautiful!! We had a variety of weather...heavy rain, wind, heat, but mostly a lot of very pleasant days with clouds and sun.

Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos and the lovely choice of music which enhanced the viewing experience. Lots of lovely memories for you both to hold onto and to cherish....Buen Camino and smiles..

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Loved your slideshow. Thanks for posting. I particularly like the mixture of simple to grandiose.
Annie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hola WildPlace - you have recreated the movie The Way - your little snapshot brought back the images of the movie. I will just have to get over the foot problem and start planning - just include enough painkillers in my 10kg. Cheers

PattyMo97206 - I will be walking my first Camino in May! I hope to begin on May 1st (weather & travel permitting)...Will look forward to meeting you along the way!

WildPlace - Lovely slideshow! I really enjoyed it :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you for sharing your slideshow with us. My daughter and I will be walking in this September... I can't wait. Buen camino!

Thank you for sharing your video! I will be walking the same timeframe this fall and it was great to get a preview!! I am so excited!! Thank you again for sharing.

Thank you, WildPlace, for taking me "with you" on the Way!:) In two months from now, I will return to walk. But slowly, in order to really enjoy the road.

Thank you @wayfarer and @KiwiNomad06 for your kind comments :) the weather was great apart from the last couple of weeks - there are not so many photos from the last 2 weeks. The day we walked up to O'Cebreiro was particularly memorable - the rocky track was a river of liquid cow muck! It absolutely poured with rain all day and the cloud was low. but we arrived, found beds, had a lovely pilgrims meal and met one of our Camino family that we hadn't seen for a week. Happy times.

Yes it was sunrise at Orisson :) and the Parador was stupendous - not so much the room, that was pretty standard but the public areas for guests were amazing. We stayed mostly in albergues but treated ourself once a week to either a hotel or a private room.

Thank you for posting your wonderful memories WildPlace loved the soundtrack too. I can't wait to get back there myself, bless all three of you for sharing.

I enjoyed your WildPlace presentation as my wife, her best friend and I started the El Camino close to your same dates (2013) and finished about the same (9-15 to 10-17)…. The slides matched the seasonal changes that would occur in September-October months that you (we) walked…. And, I did enjoy the music background contrary to your comment?

Our lives since returning home have been filled with constant memory recall of our trip highlights, both high points and even some of the low points….. Aspects that made it a true pilgrimage!

Thanks for sharing…

Hola WildPlace - you have recreated the movie The Way - your little snapshot brought back the images of the movie. I will just have to get over the foot problem and start planning - just include enough painkillers in my 10kg. Cheers

Hey @Saint Mike II I hope you manage to shake your foot problem - I had a couple of medical issues prior to walking and even up to the week before wasn't sure that I could or should walk. But I went for it and it worked out thankfully!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you, WildPlace, for taking me "with you" on the Way!:) In two months from now, I will return to walk. But slowly, in order to really enjoy the road.

Slow is definitely best - Sarah and I had no plan and no schedule - our feeling was that we didn't want to get the end and think "we should have walked slower / taken more time" We were very lucky that we were able to do that.

Two months time - buen camino! Lucky you! :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I enjoyed your WildPlace presentation as my wife, her best friend and I started the El Camino close to your same dates (2013) and finished about the same (9-15 to 10-17)…. The slides matched the seasonal changes that would occur in September-October months that you (we) walked…. And, I did enjoy the music background contrary to your comment?

Our lives since returning home have been filled with constant memory recall of our trip highlights, both high points and even some of the low points….. Aspects that made it a true pilgrimage!

Thanks for sharing…

Glad you enjoyed it - yes the memories of the high points and the low points (most of which I can smile at now!) - there still isn't a day that goes by without me still thinking about something camino related :)

Thank you for this Wildplace! It brought back so many lovely memories. Its always lovely to look at the camino again and again through other people's eyes. We see different things and that occurs at many different levels. I think most of us are like you; we all yearn to return someday.

It's an amazing group of pictures. More amazing is that I left SJPP a day before you did and arrived in Santiago one day later! And we never saw each other. Ib et you ran into my daughter Jennifer though??

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.