• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Will Anyone Be Walking the Levante From Valencia the Last Week of October ?

Freewalker

Time of past OR future Camino
Many and lots more to come.
Hello Fellow Peregrinos
Is anyone thnking of walking The Levante around Oct 25ish from Valencia ? I am looking into flights at the moment....... I plan to walk between 20-25kms a day if at all possible - all albergue dependent. I would welcome any tips, helpful suggestions or company.
Many thanks
Mary

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi @Freewalker - what a great camino to choose (I’ve walked as far as Toledo so far - see my posts here).
I had prepared some notes before leaving and I can email them to you if you would like to PM me.
Also there are many threads on the forum to follow other pilgrims Levante escapades ( just go to therelevant Levante forum area here ).
Try to make time to visit the Camino Association in Valencia as the wonderful members have a wealth of up-to-date information (see their site http://www.vieiragrino.com ). And visit the Valencia Asociación office: Calle Jerónimo Muñoz, 32
Check with Jean-Luc for opening times during your visit in Valencia.
@JLWV (Jean-Luc) is one of the members and he has many posts here on the forum if you’d like to collate more notes.
Buen Camino, Grace

Hello Fellow Peregrinos
Is anyone thnking of waking The Levante around Oct 25ish from Valencia ? I am looking into flights at the moment....... I plan to walk between 20-25kms a day if at all possible - all albergue dependent. I would welcome any tips, helpful suggestions or company.
Many thanks
Mary
Hi, Mary,

Ask and you shall receive ;)
Any specifics?

Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Mary are you still walking? Love to hear from you.
I am now back home in Toronto.A few words of advice to fellow pilgrims. Do not attempt this camino without a GPS or maps.me etc... I don't travel with phone as way too connected here at home. It was frustrating and difficult at times as the arrows just were NOT there. Also there is lots of road, henceforth I cheated and took buses a few times as didn't fancy walking along the side of highway. I am becomig wiser the more caminos I walk :) I have no shame in taking buses or rides offered from kind Spanish folks. A first for me. Nevertheless I walked about 800 of the 900 kms.
Furthermore November is probably not the best month to walk although I was blessed without being rained on. It rained overnight and in the morning before I set out. Spring is a better time as full of wildflowers etc. It is a flat camino where the wind whips over the mesta gathering speed to gale force levels LOL I beared it and shouted into the wind a few times...

All in all I had a wonderful experience and there are a surprising amount of albergues on the Levante. I walked alone for most of it although I met a Spanish couple from Madrid who walked a max of 15-20 a day so our timing was off. I also met a NZ couple walking the Sureste who were lovely as well as a French/ Belgian couple who were walking the Levante in the opposite direction and oh yes 2 Norwegian female cyclists who were lovely. All in the same day ! I was glad to see the cyclists as wasn't sure if I was on the camino as hadn't seen an arrow in over an hour.

I enjoyed walking alone and having the albergues all to myself ! The Spanish were as helpful as ever and showed kindness whenever I reached out for help -- except at one Hostal (not on JL's list) where I was bullied and cornered in bathroom for complaining about no hot shower water ! I stood my ground and shouted back - when low and behold an hour later there was hot water. Why all the aggression I say ??

The highlights are Toledo. Avila, San Clemente and many small villages.

It has become a tradition to end my camions in Porto. Portugal at good friends home. I met her on my first camino whilst walking The Portuguese Central from Lisboa to Santiago several years ago. It's a soft place to fall before flying home direct.

Must go as computer screen and room is tilting as not over motion sickness from flight.

All the very best to all and happy planning your caminos..... hmmmmmm where to next ? Le Puy, Assisi, Madrid . LOL.

Cheers
Mary

Super of you to give us a post-camino a report Mary. So glad you enjoyed the experience. I also enjoyed San Clemente and loved my few days in Toledo. I’m really looking forward to completing the section from Toledo to Zamora.
Cheers Grace

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back