• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

will be ready someday

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Welcome

There is a wealth of information on this forum, you'll not need to go anywhere else.

Buen Camino.

Also 'youtube' shows many people doing the Camino Francis in a myriad of ways...I went with my son a year ago and we're still talking about it. It was so bonding.....
Love

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Welcome Mary, good research will save you a lot of grief. As Miki wrote there lot of good You Tube videos.
Buen Camino

I’m en Camino right now in an Albergue in Sahagun - just outside Leon- it’s exactly halfway between St Jean and Santiago de Compostella.

My planning was very pleasing but it’s a faint image that I’d fashioned from a blank page.

My biggest sharing point is that on days such as this when I was pushed to my absolute limits - what kept me going was a clear understanding of why I’m here and what awaits me when I reach the mortal remains of Saint James.

Buen Camino

I’m en Camino right now in an Albergue in Sahagun - just outside Leon- it’s exactly halfway between St Jean and Santiago de Compostella.

My planning was very pleasing but it’s a faint image that I’d fashioned from a blank page.

My biggest sharing point is that on days such as this when I was pushed to my absolute limits - what kept me going was a clear understanding of why I’m here and what awaits me when I reach the mortal remains of Saint James.

Buen Camino

Well done And I suppose you know to climb up to the museum monastery up the hill, to get the hand written 400 Klm distance certificate written in old Spanish. The halfway certificate....
It's very beautiful.
Love

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Well done And I suppose you know to climb up to the museum monastery up the hill, to get the hand written 400 Klm distance certificate written in old Spanish. The halfway certificate....
It's very beautiful.
Love

Yes

I visited Santuario de la Virgen Peregrina and it was beautiful, the building has been lovingly renovated and restored and offers a realistic insight into the life en Camino in the Middle Ages. - being a peregrino at that time was overwhelming, surprisingly edgy and precarious.

Receiving a beautiful certificate, recognising halfway is a wonderful bonus. - so if you started in St Jean or Roncesvalles , it makes sense to go there.

The residents of Sagahun are very proud of their town and their artistic credentials are well recognised.

Dax

Most read last week in this forum

Am arriving St. Jean 31st March (Easter Sunday), and start walking April 1st. Any suggestions about how busy St. Jean is likely to be, and whether it's necessary to book a hostel?
Hallo everyone, first of all, thank you to you all for being so generous sharing your questions and experience. When I was not sure when my next camino would start reading about socks choice...
I know October is not a month with many pilgrims but will we have a calendar for checking in on this section of the forum?
Hi, I’m Jen. I live in the US in Vancouver, Washington which is part of the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area. I am planning to walk the Camino Portugués. I will take the traditional central...
Hey everyone, I am Ali, going to do two weeks of camino the french way. I am based in Barcelona so I will start my journey by going to Pampolna on March 23rd and from there to Saint Jean Pied de...
I leave Richmond, VA, for SJPdP, arriving on Monday, 25 March. Many thanks to Ivar for creating this community forum and for all the contributions from so many pilgrims! The resources, insights...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.