• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Will help a group of ladies

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That's brilliant, Beatrice! I bet you will all enjoy the experience and they certainly asked the right person. I sometimes almost envy the first time pilgrims because they have it all to come and can see it all with fresh eyes ... but they give me so much enthusiasm too! For that reason I don't mind the Sarria to Santiago stretch so much. I am going to a Practical Pilgrim Day in Manchester on Saturday and look forward to the buzz of first time and veteran pilgrims coming together to discuss practical and 'impractical' matters - and of course having some tapas and vino after. Anyone who can go to a local gathering, go!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Along these lines, our Colorado Front Range Chapter of the American Pilgrims on the Camino has a mentoring program which connects new pilgrims with veterans to accomplish the same goal that
@BeatriceKarjalainen is doing with the group of ladies. I'm not sure if other APOC chapters provide the same service, but if any readers are in one of the chapter areas, I'm sure you'd be welcome to request meeting a mentor. My wife and I were mentored by this program before we made our first camino, and have since mentored other newbies.

On the German Camino sites I saw they have for each section a local person to help you with your questions. You just ask and they help.

The meeting was so much fun and I’ll meet them again. Will send them some digital info as well. There were so joyful and excited and I really envied them for having this to look forward to. They have planned Sarria - Santiago in 6 days. They are experienced mountain hikers. And the want to carry their own things. 3 of them will do the full albergue experience while the others want to sleep in a bed with sheets and proper pillows as they said.

They want a guidebook (paper) with them. I saw that there hasn’t been any new updates on JBs Sarria to Finisterre book and as far as I could see there is no Sarria -Santiago from @wisepilgrim either. Do you know of any other good guide with just that part. Otherwise I might show them how to rip a book apart or just print pages from the web ;-) But I should probably check the CF forum and ask there :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
When we walked the Camino Francés in 2013 we bought a Brierley map-only guidebook for the CF which included the Santiago > Finisterre maps. Albergues were noted on the maps. I don't know if that book has been updated or if it is still published. Amazon lists a few, but they seem to be asking worth-their-weight-in-gold prices.

I am giving a 1 1/2 hour talk on our Portuguese Camino and Camino Primitivo walks at our local library in late-April. Just finished off a couple of power points. Hard to reduce close to 2000 pictures to a manageable number. I will be bringing my Compostela's, pilgrim passports for some visuals as well, maybe my pack as well.
I will only have been back four days from my upcoming Camino. Number 6.
Maybe I will start with, 'Hi I'm Mark and it has been 4 days since my last Camino...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back