Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Will hostels be open in October on the Primitivo?

Soren Dayton

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo (October 2016)
My wife and I are planning to hike the Primitivo in late October of 2016. We area little worried that hostels will be closed. Does anyone have any guidance? Alternatively, is there a way to find reach out to people directly and find housing? (homestays or B&B kind of arrangements)

Also, any guidance on gear, given the temperature? I have done a lot of backpacking and am well equipped for a nasty winter. We are planning to bring sleeping bags and similar colder weather gear. Is that overkill?

Thanks!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Gronze lists not only the albergues but also some private accommodation too.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back