• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Will you stop for a while? (To Najera)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
As in, stop and enjoy the view?

It is really lovely. If there is no stream of others around to block the view, and there’s a place to rest, it is worthy of a pause.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have walked that way at least twice, but not in summer. When I walked it, everything that is brown to the sides of the senda was green.

However, if I extrapolate to walking in summer, I would have:
  • stopped to admire the incredible view and taken some photos to preserve the memory,
  • soaked a Buff and placed it over my head to evaporate and cool me; and my second Buff on my neck, as there are blood pressure points there also. It really helps...
  • soaked my sun hat, bucket style, with vented panels, again to evaporative cooling, I use the wring-out water from the two Buffs to wet the hat...upside down...
  • had a good drink of water before starting out...
  • deployed my meter-wide reflective golf umbrella, affixing it to my rucksack harness, as there is no shade out there...carrying your own shade with you helps...
  • said a prayer for strength, and finally,
  • CM.... Continue Mission
Hope this helps. Fabulous photo. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Last edited:
I have walked that way at least twice, but not in summer. When I walked it, everything that is brown to the sides of the senda was green.

However, if I extrapolate to walking in summer, I would have:
  • stopped to admire the incredible view and taken some photos to preserve the memory,
  • soaked a Buff and placed it over my head to evaporate and cool me; and my second Buff on my neck, as there are blood pressure points there also. It really helps...
  • soaked my sun hat, bucket style, with vented panels, again to evaporative cooling, I use the wring-out water from the two Buffs to wet the hat...upside down...
  • had a good drink of water before starting out...
  • deployed my meter-wide reflective golf umbrella, affixing it to my rucksack harness, as there is no shade out there...carrying your own shade with you helps...
  • said a prayer for strength, and finally,
  • CM.... Continue Mission
Hope this helps. Fabulous photo. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Summer was too hot, but walking in other seasons will be different in a positive way. It seems you know the beauty of Camino walking when you see a nice view ^_^ Buen Camino~

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
It must have been tough that day.
Yip, you bet.
It was tough, the hardest part was from Villamayor to Los Arcos.
No shade, no water, but patrolling firefighters to pick up pilgrims that can't walk further.

Yip, you bet.
It was tough, the hardest part was from Villamayor to Los Arcos.
No shade, no water, but patrolling firefighters to pick up pilgrims that can't walk further.

I remember that road. I also ran out of water because it was a longer route and not much shades. We made it, though~ Yay~

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks for the photo. I have virtually the same one but everything is green as I was walking in June.

The road was after harvest. It will be also nice to see green ones. Buen Camino in 2020 again!

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back