• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Will you walk a Camino in 2021?

Will you walk a Camino in 2021

• Yes, in June

Votes: 15 6.6%
  • Yes, in July

Votes: 15 6.6%
  • Yes, in August

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • Yes, in September

Votes: 49 21.5%
  • Yes, in October

Votes: 23 10.1%
  • Yes, in November

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Yes, in December

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, still thinking about it

Votes: 33 14.5%
  • I'm waiting until 2022 or beyond

Votes: 73 32.0%

• Total voters
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No. Our government won't let us. Australia's borders are closed until at least the end of the year. So I ticked 2022. Fingers crossed.
Are you sure that you clicked the correct box? I don't see any votes for 2022 yet.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There is a Catch-22 for those with airline vouchers (disruption vouchers) which are time limited. We are advised to use them "within 12 months" without indicating what will happen after. So rather than waste the voucher, I've booked VDLP for September.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Small chance I might walk in September. But I will certainly not take a plane this year.
If numbers are stable I might consider taking the HST from Brussels via Paris to Bayonne. Starting the Baztan and finishing this mini Camino in Pamplona.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There is a Catch-22 for those with airline vouchers (disruption vouchers) which are time limited. We are advised to use them "within 12 months" without indicating what will happen after. So rather than waste the voucher, I've booked VDLP for September.
Ryanair informed me that they prolonged the time limit of my voucher. This flexibility on their part is probably due to the fact that I could be asking for a full refund instead. Other airlines may have different strategies though.

Currently 36 votes out of a potential 300'000 pilgrims, hardly any significance!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Quite right! Every poll can be extrapolated and is representative of a larger number....

I beg to differ. I saw some horrid subjective polls and results / interpretations ( no scientific relevance at all ) but that is for a debate in another thread.

Cheers @trecile : nice topic! Will be interesting to read everyone's plans and ideas.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am hoping and planning to walk in Sept, looks like I will have company! I rebooked my flights blind while in lockdown, when rescheduling was free, but now it looks like I could be able to actually go. If not, all my bookings have free cancellation. I really would like to go though, and have booked some of my favourite places to be able to help them stay afloat. Buen camino to all, whenever you get there, and enjoy the planning, practicing and packing in the mean time!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Our government won't let us. Australia's borders are closed until at least the end of the year. So I ticked 2022. Fingers crossed.

I’m also from ‘Fortress Australia’
The government announcement indicated opening borders possibly mid-2022 but !!!!!! we are ever hopeful for good news worldwide earlier than that. ..
Definitely not this year though - as one still has to fly to get there 😷
So I’ll use the 2022 choice.

Just checked yes for August. I am optimistic that France will be opening to US citizens and I will be able to continue the Le Puy Chemin from Cahors to St. Jean. If not, my tickets are refundable. August is not the best hiking month, but it is when my schedule allows!

Orisson is booked 9/7 and working on flights Question - Will France and Spain let me in with a one way ticket or does it have to be roundtrip from USA? Thanks in advance for any input.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

- Journeys undertaken for the purposes of tourism or for private reasons
In these cases, the presentation of any of the following documents may be required:
1. A supporting document from the establishment providing accommodation or a letter of invitation from a private individual if the foreigner concerned is staying in their home, issued by the Police Station corresponding to their place of residence.
IMPORTANT: Under no circumstances shall the letter of invitation replace the foreigner's accreditation of all other entry requirements.
2. Confirmation of the booking of an organised trip, indicating the itinerary.
3. A return or round-trip ticket.
In order to accredit economic means, the provisions of Order PRE/1282/2007, of 10 May, on economic means, will be taken into account, which foreigners will need to accredit to be able to come into Spain. The amount to be accredited must reach a daily sum of 10% of the gross minimum wage set at 950 euros pursuant to Royal Decree 23/2020, of 4 February, establishing the minimum wage for 2020, which has been extended to 2021

I have programmed to do the Senda littoral from Porto in September, Airplane tickets only good until 10/2021.
Will start booking next month when there is more news on the availability of the accommodation 🤞🍀
Buen Camino to all ;)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I normally dislike polls, but I'm curious to learn how many are planning to walk the Camino this year and when.
Love to see all the 2022 people for me the less the better. In 2022 I will be walking from Faro to Santiago and will start in late September so I figure that I will not have to worry to much about the second holy year traffic either.

Thanks for this and it looks like with proof of full vaccination (which I have) and the following:
Journeys undertaken for the purposes of tourism or for private reasons
In these cases, the presentation of ANY of the following documents may be required:
The one that all or almost all of us will have and I already do:

A return or round-trip ticket.

And finally of course if nothing radical happens between now and when you plan to go.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My wife and I have never started from St. Jean. We plan to arrive in Pamplona on June 21. I believe there is a morning bus the will take us to SJ. We walked from Roncesvalles in '05 and I don't remember there being a way to get to SJ back then, but things change. Anyway, any advise or insight about which route out of SJ to take would be helpful. We are considering the Valcarlos alt. route because my wife is concerned about steep climbs and it appears to have more stops along the way. Are reservations recommended in Valcarlos; strange times so it may be difficult to project some things. Any recommendations about where to stay in SJ on the 6/22 would be appreciated. We are flying one-way from San Francisco CA to Barcelona so it will be an adventure to see what hoops are in store for us. Interesting to see airline tickets jump dramatically since the June 7th announcement.

“In order to accredit economic means, the provisions of Order PRE / 1282/2007, of 10 May, on economic means, will be taken into account, which foreigners will need to accredit to be able to come into Spain. The amount to be accredited must reach a daily sum of 10% of the gross minimum wage set at 950 eurospursuant to Royal Decree 23/2020, of 4 February, establishing the minimum wage for 2020, which has been extended to 2021”

I am not sure how this gets determined? How will this impact folks on the camino?

Look at it this way!
When all the impatient American pilgrims have arrived, the British who have holiday homes to go to and all the Spanish themselves have started to move around in their own patterns,
THEN we will now how much effect this will have over time on the rise of infection, if any....
August or September at the earliest will tell how the trends will go....
In the meantime, I will have spent all my dosh on my house conversion...

Give it time Folks !

About "entry requirements" and subsequent replies:

If you weren't asked about a return ticket, about the money on your bank account, the maximum amount allowed on your credit card in 2019 and earlier, you won't be asked in 2021 either.

In order not to derail this thread any further: I posted about the Schengen reference amounts a few days ago in this thread. It is nothing new. It's been like this for years. It is not a matter of concern for most of us/you. It is doing the rounds on social media since 1 January 2021 because since that date about 66 million people no longer enjoy freedom of movement in EU/Schengen and are not yet familiar with law and practice at the Schengen border and take quotes that they found on a website literally and without context.

It's the good old Schengen Border Code (EU law), it's not new, and it has nothing to do with Covid-19.

Last edited:
Correos has a blog on their Camino with Correos website. They are recommending advance booking of accommodations.

Correos has a blog on their Camino with Correos website. They are recommending advance booking of accommodations.
I haven’t booked rooms yet...but, was thinking October on the Le Puy and Invierno might not be popular. Looks like I should revisit that😬

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

If you weren't asked about a return ticket, about the money on your bank account, the maximum amount allowed on your credit card in 2019 and earlier, you won't be asked in 2021 either.

In order not to derail this thread any further: I posted about the Schengen reference amounts a few days ago in this thread. It is nothing new. It's been like this for years. It is not a matter of concern for most of us/you. It is doing the rounds on the internet since 1 January 2021 because since that date about 66 million people no longer enjoy freedom of movement in EU/Schengen and are not yet familiar with law and practice at the Schengen border and take quotes that they found on a website literally and without context.

It's the good old Schengen Border Code (EU law), it's not new, and it has nothing to do with Covid-19.
Thank you for this clarification. I have never seen this particular requirement before the posting by @Corned Beef.

Last edited:
I’m actually a maybe, possibly yes, in October or November. It will depend on the status of vaccinations. I don’t get my second shot until September.

Thank you @Kathar1na for your response to the ‘new’ rules. If Covid had required new rules, those posted made no rational sense. Governments like having rules on the books to enable them to occasionally do what they want ... don’t like that green-smelling, unwashed hippy, etc., make ‘em show money and onward tickets. I’ve rarely flown into Europe with an onward/return ticket, and can’t image starting.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I normally dislike polls, but I'm curious to learn how many are planning to walk the Camino this year and when.
Coming from the US, I’ve been waiting for the boarders to open up. Looks like in 2 weeks June 7th. I’ll be booking my flight this week. I haven’t decided which Camino. I’ve done the French Way and wouldn’t mind doing it again but the Del Norte and Primativo sound good starting around June 15th. Perfect time of year and before the Spanish Tourism starts full swing. But now I question if enough Alburgue’s are open. My finances couldn’t support Hotels the whole way, just maybe once a week. I guess I’ll make the decision when I get off the Plane in San Sebastián and keep my eyes on the “live” forums to read what’s happening in the next couple weeks. I think we all are even wondering if the French route will have enough Alburgue’s and cafes back open.

Well, if you book accommodation ahead of time, then it’s easier to use their service. So I wouldn’t put much stock into that ‘recommendation’ because they have a vested interest in it.

That said, I agree that booking a day or two in advance is wise in these times, which is what we did on the CP last Sep and are doing on the Nascente now (although the Nascente is a very different camino from the ones Correos is talking about).

Coming from the US, I’ve been waiting for the boarders to open up. Looks like in 2 weeks June 7th. I’ll be booking my flight this week. I haven’t decided which Camino. I’ve done the French Way and wouldn’t mind doing it again but the Del Norte and Primativo sound good starting around June 15th. Perfect time of year and before the Spanish Tourism starts full swing. But now I question if enough Alburgue’s are open. My finances couldn’t support Hotels the whole way, just maybe once a week. I guess I’ll make the decision when I get off the Plane in San Sebastián and keep my eyes on the “live” forums to read what’s happening in the next couple weeks. I think we all are even wondering if the French route will have enough Alburgue’s and cafes back open.
Wallace, I'm planning to start in St Jean on 6/23: haven't started from there before. Do you have a recommendation on where to stay there the first night? Also I'm considering the Valcarlos route over the hill; do you have any thoughts on which route to take?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wallace, I'm planning to start in St Jean on 6/23: haven't started from there before. Do you have a recommendation on where to stay there the first night? Also I'm considering the Valcarlos route over the hill; do you have any thoughts on which route to take?
First thing you may want to do in St. Jean is stop in at the Pilgrams Office to get your Credential (pilgrims passport) and your first stamp. Literally there is several Alburgue’s right there along the street. Settle in and walk around. And take a breath :). The evening before you climb the next day, I bought some food to take with me on the climb. Because of snow April 3rd, the nepolean route was closed so I took the Valcarlos route. This route had a nice cafe in one of the towns before so an early lunch or late breakfast was possible. Don’t quote me but I would say it was at least a couple hours outside St. Jean. Depending on your elevation you currently live at and health conditions may make you decide which route. I live in Utah at 4800 feet so the hike up and over wasn’t to bad. You have all day. If I decide to do the French way I’ll take Nepolean for sure because I hadn’t done it. I recall me saying I felt like I didn’t miss out on anything doing the Val Carlos but I’m sure the Nepalese would have stunning views. You’ll have a blast

First thing you may want to do in St. Jean is stop in at the Pilgrams Office to get your Credential (pilgrims passport) and your first stamp. Literally there is several Alburgue’s right there along the street. Settle in and walk around. And take a breath :). The evening before you climb the next day, I bought some food to take with me on the climb. Because of snow April 3rd, the nepolean route was closed so I took the Valcarlos route. This route had a nice cafe in one of the towns before so an early lunch or late breakfast was possible. Don’t quote me but I would say it was at least a couple hours outside St. Jean. Depending on your elevation you currently live at and health conditions may make you decide which route. I live in Utah at 4800 feet so the hike up and over wasn’t to bad. You have all day. If I decide to do the French way I’ll take Nepolean for sure because I hadn’t done it. I recall me saying I felt like I didn’t miss out on anything doing the Val Carlos but I’m sure the Nepalese would have stunning views. You’ll have a blast
Wallace, Thanks for you insight; very helpful.

In order not to derail this thread any further: I posted about the Schengen reference amounts a few days ago in this thread. It is nothing new. It's been like this for years. It is not a matter of concern for most of us/you. It is doing the rounds on social media since 1 January 2021 because since that date about 66 million people no longer enjoy freedom of movement in EU/Schengen and are not yet familiar with law and practice at the Schengen border and take quotes that they found on a website literally and without context.

Small point, but important: Schengen and the EU are not the same thing. The UK was never part of Schengen and Ireland still isn't, Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia have not joined yet. Some non-EU countries are members, however: Switzerland, Iceland, Sweden. Otherwise, you are right, all the same as before

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Small point, but important: Schengen and the EU are not the same thing. The UK was never part of Schengen and Ireland still isn't. Some non-EU countries are members. Otherwise, you are right, all the same as before
Correct. Although I am aware of the differences, I often don't make all the distinctions that I am aware of because for the overwhelming majority of forum members it doesn't matter - they want to travel from "the outside" to Spain, France or Portugal. The term Schengen acquis wouldn't mean a thing to them for example. Even the meaning of third country nationals isn't immediately obvious.

The reason why this topic of the Schengen reference amounts and similar conditions for entry has crept up all of a sudden in social media and even in the media is this: The UK was never part of Schengen; the UK ceased to be part of the EU on 31 January 2020; UK nationals lost the right to the EU's freedom of movement on 1 January 2021; since about Christmas 2020, very strong restrictions on movement were in place, both imposed by the UK government and by EU governments and hardly anyone could travel. Some of these Covid-19 related restrictions have now been lifted, hence all of a sudden an interest in rules that appear to be "new" to people in the UK. As an aside, the Covid-19 related rules which refer mostly to where one lives and the rules that refer mostly to one's nationality are often confused.

I had a look at the new Regulation about the EU "vaccination passport" that will become EU law on 1 July 2021. As usual, there are paragraphs that specify the conditions (have to accept the Regulation; can accept it if they want to and have to give notification until a certain date; doesn't apply to the country) for a number of countries and why, namely: Denmark - Ireland - Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, and Romania - Iceland and Norway - Switzerland - Liechtenstein. All these countries are in slightly different groups or categories in EU law.

I bet that is more than you wanted to know. 😀

Last edited:
Correct. Although I am aware of the differences, I often don't make all the distinctions that I am aware of because for the overwhelming majority of forum members it doesn't matter - they want to travel from "the outside" to Spain, France or Portugal. The term Schengen acquis wouldn't mean a thing to them for example. Even the meaning of third country nationals isn't immediately obvious.

The reason why this topic of the Schengen reference amounts and similar conditions for entry has crept up all of a sudden in social media and even in the media is this: The UK was never part of Schengen; the UK ceased to be part of the EU on 31 January 2020; UK nationals lost the right to the EU's freedom of movement on 1 January 2021; since about Christmas 2020, very strong restrictions on movement were in place, both imposed by the UK government and by EU governments and hardly anyone could travel. These Covid-19 related restrictions have now been lifted, hence all of a sudden an interest in rules that are "new" for UK nationals. As an aside, the Covid-19 related rules which refer mostly to where one lives and the rules that refer mostly to one's nationality are often confused.

I had a look at the new Regulation about the EU "vaccination passport" that will become EU law on 1 July 2021. As usual, there are paragraphs that specify the conditions (have to accept the Regulation, can accept it if they want to and have to give notification until a certain date, doesn't apply to the country) for a number of countries and why, namely: Denmark - Ireland - Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, and Romania - Iceland and Norway - Switzerland - Liechtenstein. All these countries are in slightly different groups or categories.

I bet that is more than you wanted to know. 😀
Not at all. You can never know too much. I think it could be an issue for people from neither the UK nor Schengen who want to travel in Europe for more than 90 days e.g. before or after walking the camino. It's a problem for us because we are UK (and Australian) passport holders. And as you so rightly say, the various permutations are insanely complex without the added complication of the various Covid-19 measures. But it is all academic for us. We won't be allowed to travel until well into 2022 anyway. Cheers, thanks and buen camino.

My wife and I have never started from St. Jean. We plan to arrive in Pamplona on June 21. I believe there is a morning bus the will take us to SJ. We walked from Roncesvalles in '05 and I don't remember there being a way to get to SJ back then, but things change. Anyway, any advise or insight about which route out of SJ to take would be helpful. We are considering the Valcarlos alt. route because my wife is concerned about steep climbs and it appears to have more stops along the way. Are reservations recommended in Valcarlos; strange times so it may be difficult to project some things. Any recommendations about where to stay in SJ on the 6/22 would be appreciated. We are flying one-way from San Francisco CA to Barcelona so it will be an adventure to see what hoops are in store for us. Interesting to see airline tickets jump dramatically since the June 7th announcement.
These are good questions. I arrive in Pamplona June 24 and want to go to SJPP.
my concern is if you have to show proof of PCR test at the border to cross over from Spain to France.
I posted a thread about this today and someone who is arriving soon will try to go to SJPP and advise and update what he found out. Otherwise I will start in Roncevalles!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Some non-EU countries are members, however: Switzerland, Iceland, Sweden.
Sweden is in the EU, I guess you mean Norway, who are EEA, not EU, and also in Schengen.
I am Norwegian, but live in the UK so I am very pleased to have my Norwegian passport with Schengen privileges!

@trecile's poll is interesting. It's not representative. You can't make extrapolations. Up to now, about 200 people had decided to participate. We know nothing about the composition of the group of voters, or what motivated them to vote.

A third (63 forum members) of the voters will wait until 2022 and beyond. 40 forum members (20 %) will walk in September, 22 people (10 %) in October, none in December and 2 people (1%) in November. That looks like a familiar pattern for forum members in general ☺️. It doesn't tell us whether, in total numbers, there will be as many Camino walkers in September 2021 as in September 2019 or more or fewer. My guess is: fewer.

Many more than 200 people, namely 326 pilgrims, collected their Compostela in Santiago yesterday. That's the highest daily number since late September/early October last year.

I've become a "maybe". Walking is calling me but point-to-point walking isn't calling me that much. So maybe a fixed location somewhere and "star" walks.

Last edited:
These are good questions. I arrive in Pamplona June 24 and want to go to SJPP.
my concern is if you have to show proof of PCR test at the border to cross over from Spain to France.
I posted a thread about this today and someone who is arriving soon will try to go to SJPP and advise and update what he found out. Otherwise I will start in Roncevalles!
Darcy, great question about the border crossing. I'm looking into it. Maybe the SJ pilgrim office has some info??

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yup as long as things stay open for those vaccinated Le Puy to Santiago, then home ten days and off to Turkey! then home one month and off to Thailand for 40 days then home one month and back to Portugal leading a group of friends!
Busy fun awesome year planned!

Currently 36 votes out of a potential 300'000 pilgrims, hardly any significance!
This English speaking forum only has 1255 active members, as of yesterday, out of 90000, if that is correct. Therefore, the opportunity for responses is significantly less than 300,000.

Last edited:
The government announcement indicated opening borders possibly mid-2022 but !!!!!! we are ever hopeful for good news worldwide earlier than that. ..
I’m also from Fortress Australia which is on the brink of a 4 th wave catastrophe in Victoria, study the virulent strain coming out of India and reassess your plans, I know we are all hurting not being able to return to beautiful Spain 🇪🇸 but am sure it will be a long time before it is safe to commence walking.

€149,-
Sweden is in the EU, I guess you mean Norway, who are EEA, not EU, and also in Schengen.
I am Norwegian, but live in the UK so I am very pleased to have my Norwegian passport with Schengen privileges!
Thanks for the correction. The Schengen rules are very complex, and for us from outside the overlap between EU and Schengen makes it even more confusing.

Darcy, great question about the border crossing. I'm looking into it. Maybe the SJ pilgrim office has some info??
In theory, there shouldn't be a border crossing. Spain and France are members of the Schengen agreement which abolishes passport controls between members, but there may be controls as part of the Covid-19 lockdown.

I'm also in the Australian fortress. Awesome that we are relatively safe (with the eventual hiccup). Sad so many of us have been separated from family and places we love. I haven´t seen my parents for 18 months now and looks like it will be another year until I do.

Camino dreaming has been one of my ways to cope with the pandemic. I have made spreadsheets for the Invierno and the Salvador, so once borders are open I'm ready to go (and throw the plans over the window, as it always happen!). But definetly 2022 and beyond for me.

I wonder if I’m the only one imagining this “ border crossing” that seems to be mentioned- lol. On the border if your lucky you might be met by a horse or two in some gorgeous fog ( or not) and a tiny shepherd hut near by. There’s no dramatic crossing, in fact if your phone doesn’t buzz with new rate notifications etc... you wouldn’t know you crossed...
at least that’s my experience with three crossings on the Frances route.

I was clueless that Australia was this strict. I am thinking that the reverse (I may not enter Australia) is true as well. Too bad. I am old and want to spend my money traveling before I die. Maybe it's just as well--with my lack of luck I'd probably get bitten by one of your poisonous snakes or spiders!

I was clueless that Australia was this strict. I am thinking that the reverse (I may not enter Australia) is true as well. Too bad. I am old and want to spend my money traveling before I die. Maybe it's just as well--with my lack of luck I'd probably get bitten by one of your poisonous snakes or spiders!
Unless you have a convincing and compelling reason, a vaccination certificate and the wherewithal to pay for two weeks in quarantine, you may not enter Australia. New Zealand is the same, but without the venomous arachnids and reptiles. You do realise that your chances of being bitten by anything in Australia are infinitely less than being run over by a bus? At least the nasties get out of your way if they can, and unlike bears, their bites have very effective antidotes. And your chances of contracting Covid-19 are practically nil. I am still bloody pissed off I can't walk the camino this year though.

Unless you have a convincing and compelling reason, a vaccination certificate and the wherewithal to pay for two weeks in quarantine, you may not enter Australia. New Zealand is the same, but without the venomous arachnids and reptiles. You do realise that your chances of being bitten by anything in Australia are infinitely less than being run over by a bus? At least the nasties get out of your way if they can, and unlike bears, their bites have very effective antidotes. And your chances of contracting Covid-19 are practically nil. I am still bloody pissed off I can't walk the camino this year though.
I definitely will avoid Australian buses.
I truly am sorry you aren't allowed out in order to be on the Camino. I have a clue on how that feels, having cancelled 2 pilgrimages and five medical missions since the pandemic hit.
I am still looking for the lesson God and the Universe are trying to teach me. It better not be patience....

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I read recently on the forum that a US citizen has flown from California to Lisbon and planned to start on the Portuguese Camino, but I cannot find the thread/post...can anyone help me find it? It seemed to be the first American I have seen landing on EU soil as a tourist and able to walk a Camino. I'm wondering how he is doing.

I read recently on the forum that a US citizen has flown from California to Lisbon and planned to start on the Portuguese Camino, but I cannot find the thread/post...can anyone help me find it? It seemed to be the first American I have seen landing on EU soil as a tourist and able to walk a Camino. I'm wondering how he is doing.
Here you go
You knew that I would find it. 😉

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back