• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Willie Nelson has done it again

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
With me it's more J R R Tolkien:

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say

But Willie Nelson is hard to beat!

I thought Redondela was a lovely town - have a good Camino

Jeff

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Willie Nelson´s song "On The Road Again" slowly creeps into my head and gets me planning our Camino. This one will be Camino number 6. It will also be our first Camino which we will repeat or or join part of another one walked before.

My wife and I walked the Camino Portugues de la Coast back in 2010 ( Holy Year). It was our first time to pass thru the Holy Door too. This year we shall walk the Camino Portugues de Interior. Both these Camino join in the town of Redondela. But this year we shall add the Variante Espiritual. And if possible take the boat ride. And we shall pass thru the Holy Door once again as it is open ( Year of Mercy).

I have booked our plane tickets earlier this evening and can´t wait for summer to arrive.

I would like to thank everyone for all the information regarding the Variante Espiritual specially @Albertinho , @Charrito and @Theatregal for their help.

Ondo Ibili !
MendiWalker
I think you meant to walk the central route of the caminho Português !
The interior route of the caminho Português starts nearby Coimbra and leads at the east side of Portugal to Viseu and Lamego to Ourense where it hits the Via de la Plata to Santiago so never hits in Redondela the coastal Portuguese route.. That does the Central route .

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Oh, Drats, I thought you were walking the Interior! Maybe next time MendiWalker, because that is supposed to be beautiful!
Happy Eastern Laurie.
Within 4 weeks we are off for Portugal.
However we do not walk any caminho this time. Nel has some problems with her hips and cannot carry a backpack this time. We intend to walk some short walks in Alentejo or round Viseu.
After that we go to Lisbon. Maybe we will see Diogo and Aurelio for a drink or so and then slowly go north along the coast and end up at Fernanda's to give her a hand in the albergue.we are about 2 months from home .
We hope to see a part of the interior by car .
Next year when everything is better we hope to walk from Florence to Roma for a change.

Well. Best regards from this side of the world
Abraço

Albertinho

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Hi,

We just to complete the way, I add this new site, i don´t know if it is the official, but it helps us with some details and the Traslatio:

https://www.varianteespiritual.com/

Our next way will be the Primitive!

Regards.

Most read last week in this forum

Any advice about places to stay in Armenteira? I am doing my first Camino starting May 2, and I had planned on doing the Spiritual Variant. However, it seems like there are limited options for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back