• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Win a bottle of Johnnie Walker by answering these questions.

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Yes yet another bottle of JW on offer. All you have to do is answer these two simple questions...but both answer have to be correct...

Who is this man?

Where was this photograph taken?

Attachments

• who is this.JPG
    who is this.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 902
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Looks like our friend Ivar to me...where? No idea, maybe at a Camino conference or in a museum!
Sandra :arrow:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
He's about 500km above Spain. I hope he's remembered his parachute.

Andy

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Guessing it is Ivar in the Mueso de Peregrinos in Santiago
Tia Valeria

Ricky Gervais is ubiquitous in the U.S. (I guess Great Britain finally had its fill of him and his comedy), so I was just certain it had to be him. Oh well. I don't think it is Prince Charles, or even William.

It's the new map showing where you have placed the bottles of JW along the various Camino routes.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
All totally wrong - come on.

Hint - it is someone we know and love and the location is close to or in Santiago.

Ricky Gervais...Prince Charles...George Washington...some of you are not taking this seriously I suspect.

Next?

Hmmm - Ivar Rekve in the Xacobeo or Galician Tourist offices or University of Santiago de Compostela.

lynne

Ivar at the digital sight and sound media/expo behind the Cathedral de Santiago? This is an amazing place. I cannot remember the exact name of it but do try to go. Using 3-D glasses you ride a roller coaster over and through Santiago and there is an interactive Camino.

First and only prize goes to Lynne. This was Ivar at the Xacabeo Office on the outskirst of Santiago. The office was the Santiago Stand at the Sevilla Expo exhibition and they liked it so much they tranferred it brick by brick to Compostela. The entrance hallway is very impressive with the Cathedral suspended about a huge map of Galcicia. Downstairs is a small exhibition:

Attachments

• Xacabeo Office.JPG
    Xacabeo Office.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 592
Well at least I was the first to guess it was Ivar!
Sandra :arrow:

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well done Lynne. . . new best friend . .. of course you'll be bringing your JW on the Vdlp wont you????

Ok Lynne your next task...should you choose to accept it... is to sit in the plaza and have shots ready for us as we wander in!! :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Well, I don't drink Scotch, (tastes like cough syrup to my peasant palate), but I'm happy to share it with all of my new BFFs.
So John, will it be like geocaching? :)

lynne

Of course Caracaboso - thanks Canuck. The wine at lunch didn't help my dyslexia.

Geocaching - exactly. I've left a note as well which if produced will give you a very good discount for more JW in Santiago.

Sounds like great fun!

We'll be in Carcaboso vicinity about May 15 and looking forward to it.

Thanks John!

lynne

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.