• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Win another bottle of JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Amigos - I am off for a few days exploring a place called Wittam. I thought I'd leave you with this question:

On which route do the arrows take you here and where is it?

Attachments

• Take a swimming costume.JPG
    Take a swimming costume.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,195
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am certain that this is really a trick question and that this is a beach here in New Zealand, so just send me the Johnnie Walker now :p
Margaret

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
OK - so you are the INGLES King - is it on the Ingles route?

I already found the real answer :D But I won't spoil the fun and give it away just yet. You made this one very very very easy!!!! :lol:
Margaret

Do I guess right here in public, or do I send you the answer via email or PM? I think I recognize this place... ´cept it was pouring rain when I was there!

reb

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I've also seen this place - but not for real - only in cyber space as a post on a blog.

I think I may have sat here last November and had a beer, and also again last March when I went back with my husband. Again another beer, both times it was sunny. I also picked up quite a few shells so I have my scallop shell ready for my next camino whenever that may be.

Johnnie: As a Camino Head, I hereby recuse myself from this easy-peasy beach-ID contest.

But I´ll see your Scotch, and raise you a bottle of homemade orujo de hierbas: First to ID this camino and where it is can claim the booze at his/her leisure:

Rebekah

Attachments

• IMG_3243.jpg
    IMG_3243.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,039
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Rebekah Scott said:
Johnnie: As a Camino Head, I hereby recuse myself from this easy-peasy beach-ID contest.

But I´ll see your Scotch, and raise you a bottle of homemade orujo de hierbas: First to ID this camino and where it is can claim the booze at his/her leisure:

Rebekah

Dear Rebekah,
My guess is the Camino Portuguese between Ponte de Lima and Rubiaes (sp?)

Am I getting warm?
Gyro

The mist reminds me very much of the day I had crossing the Montes de Oca. But I don't think there were any of these nice stone walls there. Mind you it was so misty I might have missed them....
Margaret

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Rebekah,
The walls say, 'Galicia". Am I in the right province? :lol:
Buen Camino,

You Go Deirdre! Galicia it is. Which really isn´t much help, as so many trails go there!

(I thought of you today, when I went with a fellow hermit girl to That Place in Oviedo!)
We now have sleeping room for THREE MORE pilgrims!

Reb.

The yellow Broom says O Cebreiro.
(Gees - I don't know why I'm guessing? I don't drink alcohol anyway.)
Is there a statute of limitations on this competition - its starting to drive me crazy!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
OK OK - sorry about the delay. I just got back.

Thanks for all of your replies, public and private.

It is indeed on the Camino Ingles in Cabanas, just short of the bridge into Pontedeume.

Sil, you'll be swimming there soon :)

Yeah - but not in Scotch or Orujo!

...and my photo was taken between Miraz and Sobraado de Los Monxes, on the Camino del Norte.
(Hope you liked Wittam, Johnnie. Wherever that is.)

No winners! But I kinda like this game! Anyone else have a puzzler pic?

Reb.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'll offer a photo-no prize though!

Attachments

• Quizpic.jpg
    Quizpic.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 659
Great photo, Omar!

Well, it's definitely the meseta...probably Castilla y León...and definitely NOT morning (no long shadow! ) :wink: I'll let someone else play to try to pinpoint it!

Buen Camino

I believe this was the stretch when I started singing Lonnie Donegan songs at the top of my lungs to keep from going insane... :eek:

€83,-
omar504 said:
William's on the right 'track'

I think it might be between Santiponce and Guillena.....
I remember just how zen the track was between these two places....and I also remember having to wade up to my chest in flood water...about 5 km south of Guillena.
Just the perfect start to a month's pilgrimage
Gyro

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Oops, I guess definitely NOT the meseta... :oops: :?

Buen Camino,

I'll let someone else post a photo, if they wish. Mine was of Faramontanos de Tabara about 39 kms horth of Zamora.

€83,-
Sil may be the only one to guess these.

CIMG0978.jpg

CIMG0998.jpg

I don't think that would be fair...for you to supply the prizes.Perhaps those posting the photos could specify whether they are offering prizes. Speaking for myself I think it's good fun with or without a prize

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
William!! That's not fair! Why me? Are these in Spain or not?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Or rather, don't win a bottle......

I can't post pics , so here's a question which should be easy :wink:

Where exactly can you find the inscription "Errantes Revoco"?
What does it mean? :D
Why did it matter to pilgrims?

:arrow:

At La Dômerie d'Aubrac on the Bell of the Lost.
The inscription means something like Wanderers, Return... or Wanderers, Come back.

Oh bugger!!!! That was quick!!!!! :shock: You win 10 indulgences or loads of good karma, depending on your choice :D :) :lol: :wink: Or a night in a snore free refugio in a room of your own....tough choice...eh?

€83,-
Anniesantiago said:
The inscription means something like Wanderers, Return... or Wanderers, Come back.

Well. Been there, done that, would never have got the answer!!! I have special memories of the towers of the Domerie at Aubrac: they suddenly seemed to loom out of the mist I had been walking in. But the weather was so awful at the time, I never hung around to sight-see for inscriptions. Instead I fell gratefully into the warmth of a nearby restaurant, where a zillion other pilgrims were already gathered.
A few days later I met a couple who had walked on Aubrac the day after me. They never even saw any towers. The mist was so thick they could barely see their noses in front of them, and it was snowing. So I quite understand why they needed Bells for the Lost.
Margaret

Ok you brainy lot - try this.

Which French President bought his title :oops: which is also the name of a town on the Camino?

No running at dawn to Google :roll: :mrgreen:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
KiwiNomad06 said:
Anniesantiago said:

Well. Been there, done that, would never have got the answer!!! I have special memories of the towers of the Domerie at Aubrac: they suddenly seemed to loom out of the mist I had been walking in. But the weather was so awful at the time, I never hung around to sight-see for inscriptions. Instead I fell gratefully into the warmth of a nearby restaurant, where a zillion other pilgrims were already gathered.
A few days later I met a couple who had walked on Aubrac the day after me. They never even saw any towers. The mist was so thick they could barely see their noses in front of them, and it was snowing. So I quite understand why they needed Bells for the Lost.
Margaret

Well Kiwi, you had the luck to experience hundreds of years of history in that mist- if only they'd rung the bells. I love the connection between our contemporary camino, and that of the people of the past. I get a buzz out of that.

Yes, I must say, it felt incredibly medieval to see the towers in the mist like that- possibly my most 'medieval' moment of the whole Camino.

And I am going to have a go at the other question. Maybe it is Estaing. I know that The chateau there is being renovated by Gustav d'Estaing or whatever his name properly is. I was told he was a descendant of the actual family connected with that chateau over the centuries, and that he was restoring it for the 'patrimonie' of France, not just for his own use.

I "know" Estaing. It was the town I had a rest day in to recover from my blisters! I sat in the sunshine by the river watching the world go by....
Margaret

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I probably would never have found that out if I hadn't decided I needed a 'rest day'. We tortoises have more time to :D learn some things sometimes! :D
Margaret

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back