• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Windows phones and blogging

Bunny Hudson

Time of past OR future Camino
next fall
Hi.
After a fair bit of looking around, I haven't got a clear (or satisfactory) idea of how best to blog with a Windows phone. I don't seem to find apps that I can use for my Windows 8 Nokia Lumina 920 phone .

Sorry if this question is obvious - I am a very basic cellphone user but have some need for a blog or sort of check-in site for my daily progress on the Camino - photos uploading with some basic text and maybe a map-link.

Any ideas?
Thanks very much.
Bunny

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi there Bunny;

I`m not a windows phone user myself, but I have found a couple of options online that maybe you should have a go:

- MyBlogger
- 69Blog

Best of luck!

Ultreya!

Vagner

Easiest way for any phone, windows, android, apple is to sent an email to the blog. You didn't mention the host? Blogger, WordPress ... but most blog environment will support email blogging,

When you set it up the email address is the blog.
The email subject is the title.
The email text is the blog content.
The image picture attachment also goes to the content. There may be a limit to the number of image per blog post though like up to 4 image. Check with the provider.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Easiest way for any phone, windows, android, apple is to sent an email to the blog. You didn't mention the host? Blogger, WordPress ... but most blog environment will support email blogging,

The image picture attachment also goes to the content. There may be a limit to the number of image per blog post though like up to 4 image. Check with the provider.

That sounds nice and easy compared with pasting stuff on Facebook. What's your take on the better blogging sites?

Most will go for Wordpress but if you are not already blogging or are new to this then Google blogger will be a good way to start.

http://www.blogger.com and log in with your gmail account.

Since you are using Windows phone maybe you want to check the app store to see if there is a Google Blogger app. If not then the fallback would be to set the blog to receive email posting as mentioned. The good thing with email is that you can do a draft email without connectivity (essentially completing your blog post offline including image attachment like photos taken from the phone on the Camino) until you get wifi and mail it.

A note: You may want to resize the image for the blog as the size of the image on your 8 megapixel camera may be too big a size for the blog.

Found this resize app for the windows phone.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/image-resizing/9nblggh08rvx

Take a photo, use this app to resize down to say 1024x768, save as another name, attached the new image to the email, sent the email, wait half a minute, go to the blog and see if the size is ok (too small increase the size, too big still reduce the size).

Last edited:

Thanks very much, Evanlow. I will play around with that. It looks quite promising.
B

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi there Bunny;

I`m not a windows phone user myself, but I have found a couple of options online that maybe you should have a go:

- MyBlogger
- 69Blog

Best of luck!

Ultreya!

Vagner[/QUOTE

Thanks, Vagner.
Will check.
B

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.