• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Windswept has gone west new blog up

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Lucky! you escaped that heatwave....38c in sevilla???

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am really enjoying your blog Windswept and soooo happy you went the Camino Sanabres route. I finished this route on March 30 and I get to "relive" my Camino through your blog and pictures! Although the flowers and trees look like they bloomed since I passed through. I too loved the silence and solitude (which became even quieter after my phone fell in the toilet on my 5th day-no more wifi or texts). I don't know if it was the time of the year but had 15 days alone in albergues and literally saw not one person on the Camino during that time. I loved the story of the man and the beagle! Keep writing!

Windswept,

Really enjoying you humour and wonderful writing on the stages of the Camino. My wife and I are starting in Salamanca via the Senabres to Santiago next May (2016), so I appreciate your descriptions of the way.

The very best of luck to you and I hope your knees cope with the hills.

Cheers
Martin

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Windswept,

Really enjoying you humour and wonderful writing on the stages of the Camino. My wife and I are starting in Salamanca via the Senabres to Santiago next May (2016), so I appreciate your descriptions of the way.

The very best of luck to you and I hope your knees cope with the hills.

Cheers
Martin
Thank you Martin and good luck for next year. I am also composing a video as I go, it will be about twenty five minutes long. I will post a link here at the end of my trek around the last week in May. A couple of years ago a ruptured my left quadriceps and although it's been stitched back onto my kneecap which keeps floating all over the place at the moment. I've got a couple of hard days ahead going on the short route to Laza but I might be able to break that 33kms trek at Campobecerros. Fingers crossed.

I am really enjoying your blog Windswept and soooo happy you went the Camino Sanabres route. I finished this route on March 30 and I get to "relive" my Camino through your blog and pictures! Although the flowers and trees look like they bloomed since I passed through. I too loved the silence and solitude (which became even quieter after my phone fell in the toilet on my 5th day-no more wifi or texts). I don't know if it was the time of the year but had 15 days alone in albergues and literally saw not one person on the Camino during that time. I loved the story of the man and the beagle! Keep writing!
Hi Laura, from now on I shall search each and every toilet thoroughly for your phone. I have to say the wild flowers along the way are stunning it is hot here and it's going to get hotter. I walk alone every day and there are very few other pilgrims on the route. I am also making a video as I go which will be around 25 minutes long. I will post a link to around the last week in May.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Love all the photos!
Thanks Donna , a lot of the route is beautiful and a lot is simply a hard slog along track which has no merit other than to get you to where you are going. It is very hot here and it's going to get hotter. I would think very carefully about doing this in July or August.

Lucky! you escaped that heatwave....38c in sevilla???
Crikey, that is hot. I got caught in the mud and filth that resulted from a huge downpour the day before I left. It left my boots twice as heavy as they should have been. Hated every minute of it. But now, with around 200kms to go I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Hi Laura, from now on I shall search each and every toilet thoroughly for your phone. I have to say the wild flowers along the way are stunning it is hot here and it's going to get hotter. I walk alone every day and there are very few other pilgrims on the route. I am also making a video as I go which will be around 25 minutes long. I will post a link to around the last week in May.
You can stop looking . I dug it out of the toilet ( yuk!) and dried it off, checked it a few times thinking it would dry out but it was dead. Then a day after returning home ( 17 days later) it started working. I did tell my husband I wanted a lot of solitude and time to meditate and think on my Camino...and to just follow the arrows and live in the moment. Then after a few days on the Camino I was getting bored being the only one in the albergues at night, I started to download news, e-mail, etc. and two days later the phone fell out of my pocket into the toilet. Talk about Camino Magic! I got exactly what I asked for and it turned out to be a life changing camino! The best thing about my Camino was the silence and having only me as company. Reminded me of the good old days when we all put our phones in the bottom of our packs for emergencies only and had a nice quiet Camino without electronics.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back