• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Windswept's last camino post - ever.

windswept

Windswept
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2011) Camino Portuguese (2014) Camino del la Plata 2015
Thanks to all of you who have been with me on my journey, I really have enjoyed your company. For those who have done the trek I hope I have brought back some treasured memories, for those setting out, you will have hard days but they will be far outweighed by the good ones. Never look back at where you have come from and always look forward to where you are going to. And before you know it you will have arrived.

I have promised my long suffering wife that this will be my last Camino, and from now on all my walking will,take place in the UK which I have sadly neglected over the last few years.

My last blog is at.

www.dartmoorwalker.blogspot.co.uk

In the next few days I will be posting the video I made along the Way. It is around thirty five minutes long.
It will prove to be the perfect cure for insomnia. I'll post a link here when it's up.

Goodbye and God Bless.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Windswept,

Thanks from all your digital friends and fans here on the Forum. Your comments have added so much to our dreams and memories.

Godspeed and in the truest sense, Ultreia,

Margaret Meredith

Windswept,

Thanks from all your digital friends and fans here on the Forum. Your comments have added so much to our dreams and memories.

Godspeed and in the truest sense, Ultreia,

Margaret Meredith
Thank you, Margaret. It was great to have you with me. As you say. No endings, only beginnings. Ultreia

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Happy trails Windswept!!!

Perhaps we will hike together some day in the UK. Cheers to you and yours. Ed

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks to all of you who have been with me on my journey, I really have enjoyed your company. For those who have done the trek I hope I have brought back some treasured memories, for those setting out, you will have hard days but they will be far outweighed by the good ones. Never look back at where you have come from and always look forward to where you are going to. And before you know it you will have arrived.

I have promised my long suffering wife that this will be my last Camino, and from now on all my walking will,take place in the UK which I have sadly neglected over the last few years.

My last blog is at.

In the next few days I will be posting the video I made along the Way. It is around thirty five minutes long.
It will prove to be the perfect cure for insomnia. I'll post a link here when it's up.

Goodbye and God Bless.
Although I wish you all well on the UK "Caminos" I'm searching for Unlike button which doesn't seem to be there when you need it. ;)

Thank you very much for your postings!!! Go home and hug your wifey :)

Ultreia!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

My last blog is at.

Goodbye and God Bless.
Thank you windswept for a delightful journey...I have looked forward to your posts and will miss them! Keep on writing. You are very talented. Always wanted to do some hiking in UK...maybe I'll see you some day!

UK walks will be wonderful! And I hope you will write about them.

I have really enjoyed following your blog and am looking forward to the film.

Buen camino windswept!

Please at the very least least let us know when there's a new blog....maybe windswept winds through windermere

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

My last blog is at.

Goodbye and God Bless.
I hope you don't abandon the forum entirely, and come back from to time to time and share the gems and knowledge you have.

My last blog is at.

Goodbye and God Bless.

Never say never, Windswept! :)

Although I wish you all well on the UK "Caminos" I'm searching for Unlike button which doesn't seem to be there when you need it. ;)

Thank you very much for your postings!!! Go home and hug your wifey :)

Ultreia!
Thank you for your support kinky one it's hard to believe it's all over. But there are lots of pilgrim trails in the UK so I do have something to look forward to

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I hope you don't abandon the forum entirely, and come back from to time to time and share the gems and knowledge you have.
Thank you Doug. I will certainly be avidly reading the forum and through those setting out on their great adventures will be walking every step of the Way with them.

Hi rach
Please at the very least least let us know when there's a new blog....maybe windswept winds through windermere
Next year I'm going to walk through the Cotswolds to Bath Abbey. A little story, if may. I have a friend who is a little younger than me and in 2014 was diagnosed with a cancer that would, he was told, end his life in the september of that year. He is fighter. Last year when I walked the Portuguese I lit a candle for him when I arrived at Santiago. This year in every church I visited on the VdlP I did the same. He is still live and still fighting. So you see, I have to keep,walking and lighting candles for him each year. Will it do any good? Well, it won't do any harm, that's for sure. And as long as he lives I will keep walking for him.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you
UK walks will be wonderful! And I hope you will write about them.

I have really enjoyed following your blog and am looking forward to the film.

Buen camino windswept!
, Norelle, I will certainly ne doing a blog on them. Next year it will be across the Cotswolds to Bath Abbey.

It is my hope that you will stick with the forum. You Can be a wealth of information to the pilgrims that are just starting on this journey for the first time.. After the Camino your journey continues...it may be a different path, or a different road, but the journey continues. Happy trails to you and Buen Camino.

It is my hope that you will stick with the forum. You Can be a wealth of information to the pilgrims that are just starting on this journey for the first time.. After the Camino your journey continues...it may be a different path, or a different road, but the journey continues. Happy trails to you and Buen Camino.
I will be more than happy to add what I can and be small part of great team that is always willing to hold out a hand in friendship to those who may be unsure or simply need a hand to hold. Thank you for your kind wishes

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

My last blog is at.

Goodbye and God Bless.

You know, I just have to add a thought here.

My husband left this morning for three days in the wilderness. I would have gone, but some duties around the homestead, along with a little touch of some bug I can't shake, have kept me here.

Never would I deny my husband a trip if it called him. Did she suffer because you want on Camino? Looking at your Camino journeys--three?--I wonder if she ever went with you. What does she like doing? I'm curious now....Does she ever travel?

I know you're going to be trekking in your home country, so I bet you will be continuing on with your amazing journeys...forever!

You know, I just have to add a thought here.

My husband left this morning for three days in the wilderness. I would have gone, but some duties around the homestead, along with a little touch of some bug I can't shake, have kept me here.

Never would I deny my husband a trip if it called him. Did she suffer because you want on Camino? Looking at your Camino journeys--three?--I wonder if she ever went with you. What does she like doing? I'm curious now....Does she ever travel?

I know you're going to be trekking in your home country, so I bet you will be continuing on with your amazing journeys...forever!
Ups, I think you're opening the whole new chapter here :eek::D

Ups, I think you're opening the whole new chapter here :eek::D
I love Windswept, and I just feel like I detect a wee note of sadness in his final farewell.

You know, it could be the post-Camino blues! What do you think? Could be!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I love Windswept, and I just feel like I detect a wee note of sadness in his final farewell.

You know, it could be the post-Camino blues! What do you think? Could be!
After three consecutive Caminos it must have been ;)
Let's just wait and see...

Thank you once again Windswept ..... good luck to you.

Thank you once again Windswept ..... good luck to you.
Thank you, Mystery. As soon as I get my video onto You tube in the next day or so you will have an idea of what you will see. Good luck with the training, keep,it up, it will stand you in good stead, particulary if you take the Ourense route and go over the hills to Zafra.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I don't think you can give up the camino as easily as that!

I walked my first camino in 2000 and its still in my blood and my spirit!

I want to walk another camino after an 8 year hiatus, but I need several years to prepare for it as I am so unfit and overweight.

Have you walked the West Highland Way or the Coast to Coast routes?

I don't think you can give up the camino as easily as that!

I walked my first camino in 2000 and its still in my blood and my spirit!

I want to walk another camino after an 8 year hiatus, but I need several years to prepare for it as I am so unfit and overweight.

Have you walked the West Highland Way or the Coast to Coast routes?
Hi Caroline, not yet, which is why I what to do a bit more in the UK

My partner and I were down in Oakhampton last year staying with a friend and we took daily train and bus journeys to the north and south coasts. I noticed when we were in Penzance and Mousehole that there was a coastal trail all around the south coast. Have you walked that?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My partner and I were down in Oakhampton last year staying with a friend and we took daily train and bus journeys to the north and south coasts. I noticed when we were in Penzance and Mousehole that there was a coastal trail all around the south coast. Have you walked that?
Hi Caroline,

What you saw was the south west coast path walk that is 620 miles long and goes from Poole to Minehead. It is a superb coastal walk. I have walked several sections of as it is passes within a few miles of my house.

Most read last week in this forum

I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.