• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wine Festival-Logrono and Najera Sept 15th

Time of past OR future Camino
Francis SJPDP-SDC (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) , Norte 2018
Pilgrim Office 2018, Hospitalero Acebo 2019
I read that there is a wine festival this Sept in Logrono and Najera starting the 15th of September. My travels shall take me thru both about that time and wondered if anyone has ever visited this festival in Logrono or Najera and could share some insights as to what I might expect to see and or participate in? Should I plan on sleeping in late the day after visiting the wine festival? Thanks!! Ed

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I read that there is a wine festival this Sept in Logrono and Najera starting the 15th of September. My travels shall take me thru both about that time and wondered if anyone has ever visited this festival in Logrono or Najera and could share some insights as to what I might expect to see and or participate in? Should I plan on sleeping in late the day after visiting the wine festival? Thanks!! Ed
Hi, can't help you there but when you are going to tast some wines. Than I wish you happy tasting. Peter.

The Logrono festival includes a "wine fight" much squirting and soaking of participants (and spectators) in large quantities of unspeakable red plonk. The tasting and tapas events are slightly more reserved. Purchasing a Bandera in one of the Barrios entitles you to eat and drink whatever is on offer from the local street stalls without further charge. Sleeping during Feria is usually frowned upon ;)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
No need to check-in at the albergue, Buddy; just go directly to a Barrios and get your Bandiera. Saves you the cost for the night :D

Don't know if this would be of interest to you, and I haven't visited the festival, but searched related to another similar comment and found that they're having bullfights in Logrono Sept 19 - 23rd at 6 pm. The town has a site for the bullring with the details.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You may have a challenge finding a place to stay in the area during the festival. Last year there was nothing available during the festival in any class of accommodations within a 50 km radius of Logrono. All the private albergues were booked solid and the non-bookable albergues were maxed out. If you know when you will be there, you may want to book a bed in advance.

And then go and ENJOY!!!

Yes Laurie, lol! I'm thinking we might need a set of old clothes we can throw away. Forget the bedbugs - I'm more concerned about getting red wine thrown on our nice merinos. Nancy, luckily I booked a room a week ago, and only did that because the train gets in after 9:30pm.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Oh, my. My very tentative schedule shows me walking through Logroño on September 15th . . . (from Viana to Ventosa)

The Logrono festival includes a "wine fight" much squirting and soaking of participants (and spectators) in large quantities of unspeakable red plonk. The tasting and tapas events are slightly more reserved. Purchasing a Bandera in one of the Barrios entitles you to eat and drink whatever is on offer from the local street stalls without further charge. Sleeping during Feria is usually frowned upon ;)
Thank you TinCatinker.... Great to know that I will get to wear a Bandera again!!!! Good data that you have provided and I cant wait to get plonked by some good Red plonk!!

Don't know if this would be of interest to you, and I haven't visited the festival, but searched related to another similar comment and found that they're having bullfights in Logrono Sept 19 - 23rd at 6 pm. The town has a site for the bullring with the details.
That would be great to see a bull fight but we are slowing our Camino down as it is to be in Logrono on the 15th and Najera on the 16th and must keep moving after that. Thank you very much for the heads up though. I suspect that there is a Pilgrim on the forum that is reading about this and making changes to the bull fight because of your info!!
Ed

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You may have a challenge finding a place to stay in the area during the festival. Last year there was nothing available during the festival in any class of accommodations within a 50 km radius of Logrono. All the private albergues were booked solid and the non-bookable albergues were maxed out. If you know when you will be there, you may want to book a bed in advance.

And then go and ENJOY!!!
Thank you for the heads up Nancy. Reading your post I jumped on the internet and booked Logrono for the 15th but I am having trouble getting into Najera for the 16th at this time. I have a email sent out waiting for a response and hopefully it will be yes they have a room/bed!!!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Oh, my. My very tentative schedule shows me walking through Logroño on September 15th . . . (from Viana to Ventosa)
Hey Mike try to book ahead if you can!! And good luck with that. Please keep us posted if you are successful in getting a room. If we cannot get a room in Najera we may just keep walking onward to Azofra...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Well, mystery solved. I contacted the Albergue in Najera and they say that the Najera Fest is 16-18 September and the Logrono fest starts 21 September.

Weird that that url had different dates but whatever.....We will make the Wine fest in Najera!! Yeah!!! See you in Najera on the 16th Mike?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
That would be great Ed!

Well, mystery solved. I contacted the Albergue in Najera and they say that the Najera Fest is 16-18 September and the Logrono fest starts 21 September.

Weird that that url had different dates but whatever.....We will make the Wine fest in Najera!! Yeah!!! See you in Najera on the 16th Mike?
Hi, does that mean that there are 2 events: Najera 16-18 Sep and Lorgrono 21-25 Sep?

You may have a challenge finding a place to stay in the area during the festival. Last year there was nothing available during the festival in any class of accommodations within a 50 km radius of Logrono. All the private albergues were booked solid and the non-bookable albergues were maxed out. If you know when you will be there, you may want to book a bed in advance. And then go and ENJOY!!!

That's odd because the pod of 14-16 I met up with every evening in 2014, most of us made our reservations at a private albergue earlier in the day during the Logrono wine festival last year and had no problem finding a place and at a great price range to boot.(about 2 blocks from the Planeta Agua store) With great showers!!! I personally didn't enjoy the festival. (I could look up the date and albergue if any one is interested)

I drink wine, I love wine. I really love Spanish wine. I found the price of festival food was outlandishly priced compared to the dishes that could be found in the restaurants. The noise level was a bit much for me though I didn't mind the crowds. We got all excited that there was going to be Flamenco and then found out that the adult dancers weren't on until midnight. Oh well! The whole thing just reminded me of my local parish's Sausage Festival every September (fund raiser for the school).

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back