• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Winter Camino?!

Alex Maclean

Alexmac
Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk the camino this year 2016.
I was really glad that someone had started a thread about why a winter Camino because I am deciding whether to go or not this winter. I really wanted to do the whole Camino Frances but I cannot take 4 weeks out of my work Dec/Jan and so have been thinking about the Portuguese Camino which I believe can be done in about 2-3weeks? The other alternative is to do the Camino Frances but start further along but I feel reluctant to do is as I would rather do it when I ca. Done whole thing as I feel it would undermine the experience but what are other people's thoughts on this? it was really interesting to hear that although it provides solitude in the winter it is not totally isolating and dangerous! I would be a female travelling alone and I am pretty fit but not used to this level of walking per day and don't have exeperience trekking in the snow etc. So was slightly anxious about the winter. I love to know more people's thoughts about the Camino Portuguese and also Camino Frances in the winter? Many thanks .
Alex

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Back