• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Winter Hospitaleros needed

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Camino(s) past & future
Many, various, and continuing.
The word's gone out: The Amigos of Ponferrada want to keep the donativo Albergue Domus Dei in Foncebadon open over this winter, so there will be at least one place for pilgrims to stay up there. Hardy volunteers are needed to take two-week stretches on the mountain. For details contact Rafa at rkansas1 @ gmail. com . A tough gig, but very rewarding, too!

(email address updated 16 Oct. 2020... sorry)

Last edited:

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
The word's gone out: The Amigos of Ponferrada want to keep the donativo Albergue Domus Dei in Foncebadon open over this winter, so there will be at least one place for pilgrims to stay up there. Hardy volunteers are needed to take two-week stretches on the mountain. For details contact Rafa at rkansas @ terra. com . A tough gig, but very rewarding, too!

Gosh!

I wish I could.

Givesome

Cape Hiker
Camino(s) past & future
CF 27 March 2017
My wife and I completed the official hospitalero course at the beginning of the year an we are very keen to devote some time to the the Camino. Fortnightly we are available in the next couple of months.

I have mailed Rafa and will see if he responds.

Grahammac

Camino(s) past & future
Arles/Arogonese (2019)
I have responded to Rafa, but my wife and I are also willing to serve anywhere in Spain. I walked the Camino last year and stayed in donativo's regularly. Arres and Sahagun were particularly memorable.

Personal information removed by moderator. Please communicate via PM to exchange email addresses and phone numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grahammac

Camino(s) past & future
Arles/Arogonese (2019)
I tried the given email, but mailer-daemon says it did not go. Help!
rkansas @ terra. com

Private email removed from open forum

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
I tried the given email, but mailer-daemon says it did not go. Help!
rkansas @ terra. com
Did you try using that email address ‘without’ the spaces shown? I assumed it was meant to be used without the spaces .

Kiernan

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés febr/march (2012)
Camino Francés febr/march (2019)
Camino Francés febr/march (2020)
I skipped the spaces, but the adress doesn't work

MarkyD

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés 31/08/2018 - 20/10/2018
The word's gone out: The Amigos of Ponferrada want to keep the donativo Albergue Domus Dei in Foncebadon open over this winter, so there will be at least one place for pilgrims to stay up there. Hardy volunteers are needed to take two-week stretches on the mountain. For details contact Rafa at rkansas @ terra. com . A tough gig, but very rewarding, too!
Hi Rebekah, I've tried the email, without the spaces, but it comes back as not valid. Is there another contact?
Thanks, Mark

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
You could always contact albergue crez de ferro, they might a current contact number. They are a very short distance up the street.
+34600715446

RENSHAW

Official Camino Vino taster
Camino(s) past & future
2003 CF Roncesvalles to Santiago
2/4 weeks on the CF frequently.
Hospitalero San Anton June 2016.
Ohiiishe!
Would love to do this but too many commitments at the moment - what is really an eye opener and a gratifying observation is that there IS a demand for winter patronage - I think this is wonderful?

RemysMimi

Hooked on the Camino!!
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2018)
Frances or Portuguese (2020)
The word's gone out: The Amigos of Ponferrada want to keep the donativo Albergue Domus Dei in Foncebadon open over this winter, so there will be at least one place for pilgrims to stay up there. Hardy volunteers are needed to take two-week stretches on the mountain. For details contact Rafa at rkansas1 @ gmail. com . A tough gig, but very rewarding, too!

(email address updated 16 Oct. 2020... sorry

Would that I could. Unfortunately, we are not allowed. Good luck to them. Very noble.

camino.ninja

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 5 6,16,17,18,19,20
Primiti+Salvador 19
Portug. 17,18,20
Catalan 17
Norte 17
Plata 18

They should require reservation as well, and make sure all apps and websites are updated on this. Otherwise they might get full and pilgrims will get stuck with next destination being 27 km further ahead.

KariC

Camino(s) past & future
Caminho portugûes (2016)
Le Puy 2021 or 2022 ??
My immediate reaction on seeing this was "if we volunteer, does this mean Europe will let us in?" Wistful / wishful thinking.

Mycroft

I am so sad Spain will not allow me in!

dqduncan

Director, Canadian Company of Pilgrims
Camino(s) past & future
2015:Francés
2016:Hospitalero training
2017:Hospitalero @Arrés.
2018:Joined CCoP
2019:el Norte

Amazing opportunity, in my eyes, Rebekah. Loved Foncebadon and if a Canuck can't take it in winter, who can?? BUT, we're stuck here. Heard today Canada coming off the 'nice list' for entry into EU. :( Hope they find some hardy soul.

RENSHAW

Official Camino Vino taster
Camino(s) past & future
2003 CF Roncesvalles to Santiago
2/4 weeks on the CF frequently.
Hospitalero San Anton June 2016.
Just thinking out aloud? This would be a great opportunity for an unemployed Spanish person who has a sense of adventure and a wish to draw on such an experience. The position may also be a task for a couple?

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 57 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 202 15.2%
  • May