• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Winter pilgrim at O Cebreiro (November 26 2008)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Brrrrr........ not for me! Can you imagine walking on those river boulder rocks covered in snow up the hill to O Cebreiro and those crushed stone paths down to Tricastela!! No thanks.

Here's one from Roncesvalles on the same report.

Attachments

• Roncesvalles nov 26.jpg
    Roncesvalles nov 26.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,511
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What a difference a few days makes... out here on the Meseta we´ve had both our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day feasts served out in the sunny patio! For the past two weeks it´s been chilly and frosty in the morning, but afternoons are sun-shiny and down like springlike...and the night skies are spectacular, with the Milky Way pointing you straight for Santiago.

Call me crazy...but I was born in upper Illinois and spent a lot of time above the Arctic Circle in Norway. I sincerely believe if there would have been more snow in April...I might have gone slower and not busted my butt. Drat!

Maybe a snowman every 10 km would have been a nice touch...emmmm.

Buen 'let it snow, let it snow, let it snow' Camino

Arn

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A snowman? Of course...while walking in March of last year a Camino friend had the same thought. She made two or three of these little guys on the different days that we encountered snow. It put a grin on my face everytime. We all walked at different paces so came upon the snowmen alone but always knew who had taken the time to make us smile.

Attachments

• snowman.JPG
    snowman.JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,051
All those little touches that the Camino and its voyagers give make it such a spectacular experience. That little snowman, those piles of rocks. flowers and pine cones atop mile markers, a "Buen Camino" written in the mud, that glass of wine with a friend at the end of the day........
OOPS, not on topic.
Sorry...... just dreaming (again)
Lillian

Lillian said, "Sorry...... just dreaming (again)"

Lillian, is there that much difference between dreaming (relates to sleep) and daydreaming? There is so much to be said about dreaming and the Camino. We dream of walking the Way. We dream as we walk the Way. And, we dream of the Way it was.

Buen Head in the air as usual..Camino

Arn

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Weather sometimes is crazy ... these photos are from the autumn, and in february 2008 I walked Astorga-Ponferrada with no snow!!. I will repeat it next month, possibly with much more snow than last year.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Great video, Sil!
That white dog is a fixture! I have a photo of him! (different season, though!) I included him in my collection of photos of the "wild and vicious dogs of the Camino". :lol:

Attachments

• O-Cebreiro-dog.jpg
    O-Cebreiro-dog.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 836
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back