• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Winter pilgrim blog

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
His photograph of the snow near the sign is amazing!!! And to think that I was worried about a deluge of rain and the consequent mud at that point at the end of last May. Really, I had nothing to worry about!!!!
Margaret

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
From the first day, walking the Valcarlos route:

The climb was interminable. It was one of those stepped mountain roads so you could never tell until you reached the corner whether the next one would be up or down. Obviousy you were praying that it would be down amd I welcomed each new up with a volley of swearing.

LOL!! I did thing. :lol: You do get to a point where it stops being funny. ;)

Kelly

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Call me crazy...but this is what I live for...snow up to my butt and the promise of a hot drink and warm bed before I start out again. Also, it forces me to go ... slowly!

Buen let it snow...let it snow...let it snow Camino,

Arn

Back