• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Winter Walking the Camino - NEW Book!

nilesite

Tumbleweed Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2020, 2021)
Have you considered walking the Camino off-season? In the winter? It's quiet, it's moody, it's fabulous! But you might want to read this first :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks. In previous years experienced pilgrims have posted (in some cases in much detail) their winter Camino travels. A book collecting a personal experience is a great idea come to fruition. From what I have read you just have to "pick your timing" and be prepared to make adjustments to your time table or walking. Cheers.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks. In previous years experienced pilgrims have posted (in some cases in much detail) their winter Camino travels. A book collecting a personal experience is a great idea come to fruition. From what I have read you just have to "pick your timing" and be prepared to make adjustments to your time table or walking. Cheers.
Yes! It will tax your people skills. But it's a pilgrimage, right? Not a beach vacation :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
nilesite,

Good luck with your book. I look forward to reading your recollections.
In the happy, easier past years, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010, winter was the best time to walk the CF for me. Little was hectic; without the hordes of summer all had time to share.

....In retrospect it was close to perfect. If I could I would do it again, but now at 83 I hike only in my memory.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back