• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wisconsin gathering?

berta54758

I walked June 2012 with my mom and are in the planning stages for June 2014 with her and my daughter. I am wondering if there is any interest in starting a Camino group for those who have walked, want to walk and/or are planning to walk in the great state of Wisconsin? I just get so excited thinking about walking the Camino again and perhaps meeting others who have!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Berta.

I'm in Sun Prairie (Madison area) and have thought about trying to start a group down here. Haven't done it yet, though. Where are you? I'm actually going to be thru-hiking/running the Ice Age Trail starting in St. Croix Falls on Aug. 31. Should take 4-5 weeks. If you want to follow my progress, I've got a blog at http://epiciceagetrail.blogspot.com.

Cheers,
Melanie

I am up by Eau Claire so not too far away and would be interested in trying to start up a group - want to work together? I think there are many of us in Wi who hiked and many who would interested in learning more.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am currently walking the Camino and am in Estella right now. Many more kilometers to go, of course. I live in Neenah, Wisconsin. (I'm "pilgrim47" on the pilgrim forum, but I'm replying on a fellow Peregrino's iPad so this reply may come from a different name. But count me in re forming a Wisconsin Camino group.) Buen Camino!

Hello fellow Badgers,

I live in the Madison area and am planning for my pilgrimage in April/May of 2014. Adding my name to the group here in hopes that we generate enough interest to get a Wisconsin group formed. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

Regards,

Rick

I'm a freelance writer, so my works ebbs and flows, but I'll try and look into this in the new year. Rick, I may give you a holler since you're so close. Berta, maybe we can meet for coffee sometime. We have a daughter we'll be bringing to the Cities for college in January, and we usually stay in Eau Claire with my mother-in-law en route. Rick, I hope to head back out on the VDLP in March or April.

Melanie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Melanie,

I had first considered the VDLP, as I'm going to be in Southern Spain from the end of January, but seem to have gravitated to the Camino Frances as my first pilgrimage starting the last week in April. I believe I read an article a short time back on your Ice Age thru hike, congratulations on that accomplishment. What's your favorite hiking area around Madison? I usually catch Devils Lake for the hills, Lower Wisconsin river way for the distance and Table Bluff in Cross Plains for quick getaways.

I'd probably consider a few days on the VDLP as a warm up.

Rick

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back