• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wise Pilgrim App and mileage calculation between destinations

Kasee

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances: '22, '23, '24
Portugues: 23
Invierno: 24
I’m three days into the Frances and can’t figure out how to calculate mileage between destinations. Last Fall, I was able to touch and hold a town name and it would set that town as the starting point and then adjust the mileage going forward. So, for example, I’m in Akerreta now and I would like for it to be mile 0 and show the mileage from here to Pamplona.

Did this feature get changed with the new updates? Or is it user error? 😊 (BTW, I’m current on updates.)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I’m three days into the Frances and can’t figure out how to calculate mileage between destinations. Last Fall, I was able to touch and hold a town name and it would set that town as the starting point and then adjust the mileage going forward. So, for example, I’m in Akerreta now and I would like for it to be mile 0 and show the mileage from here to Pamplona.

Did this feature get changed with the new updates? Or is it user error? 😊 (BTW, I’m current on updates.)
Press on your place in the list. A window will open, advicing you to sweep left. That's it. (I have the updated version).

When I press the name, I’m taken to the Reserve a Bed page. And the mileage numbers are in black and gray. They used to be in colors, if I remember correctly.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
When I press the name, I’m taken to the Reserve a Bed page. And the mileage numbers are in black and gray. They used to be in colors, if I remember correctly.
WisePilgrim will show up to help you soon, I suppose. He is active on the Forum. Maybe send him a PM (envelope symbol top right).

I had to figure this out after the upgrade also…
1.swipe left on a location without clicking on it or pressing on it
2. When you do this look on the right side and you will see an icon that looks like a plus sign in an upside down teardrop- way marker pin
3. Click on that and it will set that as the starting location.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
2. When you do this look on the right side and you will see an icon that looks like a plus sign in an upside down teardrop- way marker pin
That’s it!!! Thank you so very much.

I just tried this on both the Francés and Norte routes. When I press and hold down on a town in the Norte app I get a prompt telling how this works, but don't get the prompt in the Francés app.

Screenshot_20230513_020658_Norte.jpg

I always noticed that the regions have been changed from their geographic names to Body, Mind, and Spirit, which I'm not crazy about, as I don't subscribe to this idea that one section is more important than others for these different aspects. What happens if you don't start until León? Does that mean that you miss the challenge to your body and only open your mind a tiny bit? Of course not.

Screenshot_20230513_021034_Frances.jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Hope this helps…

Attachments

• 89681AEF-9C29-4D22-80C2-6ED0A9F60847.jpeg
    89681AEF-9C29-4D22-80C2-6ED0A9F60847.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 7
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
When i did the Portuguese Coastal!
My assistive tech would read aloud the numbers on the right of each place IE the total km's
Porto to Santiago 271.3
Matosinhos 260.3
Just subtracted one from the other and likewise any other stage distance!
Being from a bygone age, i worked it out in my head !
(Oh and counting fingers and toes 🤣)
Woody

When i did the Portuguese Coastal!
My assistive tech would read aloud the numbers on the right of each place IE the total km's
Porto to Santiago 271.3
Matosinhos 260.3
Just subtracted one from the other and likewise any other stage distance!
Being from a bygone age, i worked it out in my head !
(Oh and counting fingers and toes 🤣)
Woody
I also use that amazing advanced head technology! (seriously, as an old computer engineer, I always use my head (for training) whenever I don't have to write a computer program to solve calculations/other issues).

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I’m in Akerreta now and I would like for it to be mile 0 and show the mileage from here to Pamplona.
S'funny innit but my 2011 printed Brierley shows the exact same mileage (Kms) between Akerrata and Pamplona and I haven't updated it once since I slid it onto the bookshelf sometime in late 2012 ;)

Last edited:
Can you tell me how to remove a starting location? I am playing with the app to learn how to use it and I set a town but don’t want to keep it now. How do I reset it?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Can you tell me how to remove a starting location? I am playing with the app to learn how to use it and I set a town but don’t want to keep it now. How do I reset it?
You just set s new town the same way as you set it before.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Just made two first booking for the start of our Camino one SJPDP and Roncesvalles and wow prices are all levels but the base is starting for two around 120euro (175 Cdn) for two beds and some...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.