• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wise Pilgrim Big Map

Isobeljc

Still walking
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances “2017”
Aragones “2018”
Portuguese “2018”
Please forgive me for showing off, but I just had to share this.
The @wisepilgrim map is now proudly hanging on my wall. I got it framed and mounted on a board that allows pins.
First step to go back through notes, pics etc to remember where we stayed.
Coloured pins and thread mark the way.
Lots of memories of where we walked. Lots more routes for fun planning sessions....... the Norte is looking good.

A2229A1B-830C-4FC7-83B0-0D35ACD67952.jpeg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The @wisepilgrim map is now proudly hanging on my wall. I got it framed and mounted on a board that allows pins.
Lots of memories of where we walked. Lots more routes for fun planning sessions....... the Norte is looking good.

View attachment 51578
Where did you get the map?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@wisepilgrim sell it here:

..and I sell it here (same map):

Mine is framed under glass. The surrounding frame is near-identical to yours.

The pins are a nice touch. Hmmm? I may get another one when I am next at Santiago and frame it as you did.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

View attachment 51578
What a fantastic and novel way to remember and pay homage to all of your Caminos!! Brava Peregrina!

What a fantastic and novel way to remember and pay homage to all of your Caminos!! Brava Peregrina!
Thank you.
I got the idea from a friend who had done it for their road trips around Aus. Both off-road 4WD and staying on the bitumen trips.
Looks like another project for me.....will need lots more pins.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

View attachment 51578
A couple of years ago we bought a large laminated Michelin map of Spain and marked up some of the routes. Since then we’ve walked the Frances and the Primitivo and are walking the Portugues from Porto in March. The map sits above our kitchen table as a permanent reminder of what we’ve done and the routes still to do.51627 When we’re ready, we’ll add other routes to the map. In the meantime my daughter bought me the lovely Wise pilgrim map which now hangs in my wife’s study. So many km still to walk, so much pleasure ahead of us 😊

I have (and love) the Wise Pilgrim map. But I also have (and love) the folded government’s map that has more detail and can be used more for planning. I was lucky to get it through Ivar’s store, but see it is sold out again.

Have you been able to order it, Ivar?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have (and love) the Wise Pilgrim map. But I also have (and love) the folded government’s map that has more detail and can be used more for planning. I was lucky to get it through Ivar’s store, but see it is sold out again.

Have you been able to order it, Ivar?
I have tried, but they are out if it and not making new ones at the moment. I was told they would let me know when it is back in stock, but not sure... every other month if so I do send them an email. 🧐

View attachment 51578

Hi Isobeljc, unfortunately for all the caminos I done I would need a much bigger map and a very large wall because I will need to include Switzerland, Italy, France Spain and Portugal but my compliment, is a very good idea you got there, keep up the good work.

Last edited:

View attachment 51578
The Norte is great. Beats the Frances any day

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Hello,
I notice on the Wise Pilgrim map that there is a Camino trail starting on the South coast of Portugal and ending justNorthbof Lisbon, (shown in “green”), where it appears to connect to the Camino Portugues.
We are interested in learning more about this Southern section of the route, however, cannot seem to find any information online. (ie trail markings, trails or roadside walking, accommodation and services, etc).
As this section of the trail is shown on the Wide Pilgrim map, I am wondering if they have their usual extensive information.
Thanks. Troyvan

Hello,
I notice on the Wise Pilgrim map that there is a Camino trail starting on the South coast of Portugal and ending justNorthbof Lisbon, (shown in “green”), where it appears to connect to the Camino Portugues.
We are interested in learning more about this Southern section of the route, however, cannot seem to find any information online. (ie trail markings, trails or roadside walking, accommodation and services, etc).
As this section of the trail is shown on the Wide Pilgrim map, I am wondering if they have their usual extensive information.
Thanks. Troyvan

Hi, Troyvan,
Welcome to the forum.

The route you asked about has a few permutations, as you can see in this map:

a few more bits of info here:

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/starting-from-faro.54598/#post-610506

I don't think these routes, from either Faro or Tavira, are well-developed yet, but there may be efforts underway that I don't know about.

I look at the Wise Pilgrim map on my phone all the time and Wendy recently bought me the print version from Ivar’s store. The frame I ordered for it arrived today and it looks great!

8CE30544-3090-4477-927F-D71881091386.jpeg

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello,
Thanks. Troyvan
I'm three years late to this but the route you're referring to is the Caminho Central, one of three relatively new routes being developed in southern Portugal as part of the government project Caminhos do Alentejo e Ribatejo. We have a general discussion thread for the Caminho Central here, and the official site is here.

Yours is the one I bought and hung on my bedroom wall complete with pins etc ages ago !

Thanks Ivar

:)

Samarkand.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back