Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wise Pilgrim guide

Suzanne A

Peregrina desde 2015
Time of past OR future Camino
2015 CF, 2016 CP, 2018 Le Puy, 2019 CF,
2022 Prim
I will be leaving soon from the US and was wondering if anyone knows if you can buy the WISE Pilgrim guide to the Primitivo in León or Oviedo? (waited too long to purchase it)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
They’re online also

Looks like the only English language guide to the Primitivo they carry is the Cicerone one - but they have at least six Spanish-language options.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I found that having the guides on my Kindle app is the way to go, It saves a lot of carrying weight. I do love perusing them in a real book while at home, but on the Camino I really like the them on the phone's kindle app. It always opens to the right page.
now that’s a thought

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Second the wise pilgrim app…I love it.

As a forester I still like paper maps, but find the village to village maps better. So for me one app and one book. I try not to pick up the phone unless there is real need. The Camino is time to get off grid.

I will be on the Primitivo on April 29.

Wise Pilgrim author here to say that there is not a shop in León or Oviedo which carries the book, but as others have mentioned the app is a good replacement.

Or, if you like I can send it to your first hotel in either of those locations... which is much quicker than international shipping. If you order from my shop, or from Ivar, this can be arranged.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Wise Pilgrim author here to say that there is not a shop in León or Oviedo which carries the book, but as others have mentioned the app is a good replacement.

Or, if you like I can send it to your first hotel in either of those locations... which is much quicker than international shipping. If you order from my shop, or from Ivar, this can be arranged.
Good news, I found out the other person in our party already purchased it!
I appreciate everyone’s input

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.