Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wise Pilgrim Invierno app

efdoucette

Time of past OR future Camino
2011 Camino Frances
Since 2011 - too many to list
Hi folks,
I purchased the above mentioned app, downloaded it but it won't load. I have a samsung galaxy 9, fairly new, so it shouldn't be my phone. Has anyone had the same experience ? Any ideas how to correct?
Thanks
Eric

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I recently used the app and had problems too with an S9+. Don't bother as the app is out of date and doesn't include much more than a map. The Gronze website was much, much more useful. Try deleting and adding again if you really want it.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Will be Invierno guide you will give to @wisepilgrim accesible for free for future users?
I assume it will be for sale in the Wise Pilgrim series. The point is to make it a professional guidebook. I’m not a guide writer and I have about reached my shelf date in coordinating revisions. I’ve thought long and hard about it and think it’s the best course. You may disagree with that.

...You may disagree with that.
Of course I disagree. Strongly!

If I contribute something in public forum for other people to use freely then I don't expect I should be paid for that instead I use info on other topics. Like "pay it forward" attitude. But to give away something so many people have contributed to over years (@Rebekah Scott and you first in line) and what it could be called "public domain", just like that for commercial use it surely make me angry, sad and extremely disappointed.

Last edited:
Kinky, I was going to send you a PM, but I guess we might as well air this in public since there are other forum members who helped with revisions over the years. First of all, as I explained on the thread describing the change (I assume you saw it), @wisepilgrim was one of the original authors with Reb before I got involved. And Reb totally supports the idea. For me, this is not about giving @wisepilgrim a windfall, it is about recognizing that professional guides are not done for free. I can assure you he will not get rich on this endeavor.

Our forum discussions are surely not protected from being used by guide writers, and I have heard that this actually happens. Nothing we can do about that. I would go further and say that I’m happy if whatever I contribute to camino knowledge actually helps some people, whether whoever uses it makes money from it or not. Why should I begrudge the initiative that someone else takes on?

My decision was motivated only by the thought that the Invierno would benefit from a more professional guide than what we cobble together every year, and I was certainly not the person to do that. And I also was realizing that what used to be a fun project was getting to be less fun for me —time to move on.

I thought to ask @wisepilgrim to carry on with it because I know and trust him and was sure he’d do an excellent job.

So that’s how this all happened. Laurie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Leave the forum version of the guide in the resources area. Leave it as is or with a preface giving the date of creation and saying that the guide will no longer be updated by you. When someone asks on the forum where to find a guide whoever answers can specify whichever guide they want.

It just occurred to me that you could add a Creative Commons license to the forum guide to officially place it into the public domain or use one of their other licences.

Last edited:
So it's a done deal.

I won't comment any further...

Our forum discussions are surely not protected from being used by guide writers, and I have heard that this actually happens. Nothing we can do about that. I would go further and say that I’m happy if whatever I contribute to camino knowledge actually helps some people, whether whoever uses it makes money from it or not. Why should I begrudge the initiative that someone else takes on?
In fact, as I understand it (I may be wrong in which case, someone like @ivar please correct me), the Forum has the rights to whatever we write here.
Bottom line is anything here is not ours to own.
And Laurie has a point. Michael will do a good job in taking this one step farther, and he's not doing what he does to get rich but for the love of the camino. If this helps him help pilgrims walk the Invierno, it's win-win.

(The fact that nothing here is ours to own applies to life, too, for that matter. If I owned this body, I could exersise control over it, and have perfect pain-free knees and ankles. Sadly that's not possible...)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm with KinkyOne to a certain extent here. As a lover of the Camino de Invierno (thanks in no small measure to the fantastic thread that KinkyOne posted some years ago, and to the tireless efforts of peregrina2000 in co-ordinating the massive amount of information that so many have contributed here on the forum), I have no desire to see this marvellous route going the way of others. I mentioned in another post about what has happened to the Variante Espiritual of the Camiño Portugués: what used to an idyllic alternative to the overcrowded 'normal' route up to Padrón is now being subjected to what almost amounts to a boat 'war' in Vilanova de García.

Unfortunately, I can see the hordes descending (or should that be 'ascending'?) on Las/As Médulas, Sobradelo, Quiroga and other small places. I'll need to find a new route to fall in love with.

In fact, as I understand it (I may be wrong in which case, someone like @ivar please correct me), the Forum has the rights to whatever we write here.
Bottom line is anything here is not ours to own.
And Laurie has a point. Michael will do a good job in taking this one step farther, and he's not doing what he does to get rich but for the love of the camino. If this helps him help pilgrims walk the Invierno, it's win-win.

(The fact that nothing here is ours to own applies to life, too, for that matter. If I owned this body, I could exersise control over it, and have perfect pain-free knees and ankles. Sadly that's not possible...)
The guides uploaded are the property of the person that has created/uploaded it.

I guess in theory (I am no lawyer), the owner of the forum is me.. and therefor by default I am the "owner" of the content uploaded here, as Facebook/Twitter owns everything you give them. But I run the forum on the basis that if a user would like to delete anything that he/she has created, it will be deleted... (as if it was his/her property).

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back