• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wisepilgrim App soon to be a printed guide book

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Usual disclaimer: No commercial interest, no affiliate relationship etc. just a happy user/customer.

Wisepilgrim Apps (which I have used both on the VdlP and now on the CF) is finally, finally planning to make a printed aka paper guide book for those of us (me included!) that always tend to forget to charge their phones that are smarter than the owner :p

I came across their indiegogo campaign and thought I would share it here in case somebody wants to support the project. If that post is against forum rules, dear mods feel free to remove it!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-camino-de-santiago-a-wise-pilgrim-guide#/

Buen Camino de la Vida and yes, I know, I still owe the community some more updates of my current Camino (de la Vida), SY

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
@SYates. Thanks for posting the link. I didn't use WP on my camino but have been studying it for my next one, I see the advantages of the app over a hard copy and wonder if the WP guide book will be a bit bulky. I guess time will tell.

Yes, we are waiting for more updates on your journey.
Buen camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Wow SYates, that was fast. Today was the first day of the IndieGoGo so I haven't quite gotten the word out everywhere, but you beat me to it here in the forums.

Regarding the size, it will not be bulky as weight is always near the top of the list of requirements. I have included about 100 city maps, and cut out the piles of photos that most guidebooks use to fill up the pages. There are some, but photos take up paper and ink and have a weight and a size that is un-necessary.

And thank you clearskies, the Wise Pilgrim Portrait Project was a blast this summer... and among a few other catalysts it was talking to so many pilgrims that I recognized that there was still a need for a better guidebook.

I am working on a few more samples to post to the GoGo, so check back for more.

Animo,
Michael

These guides are among the very best available in digital format. I have all of them, even for routes I have not yet walked...I just might.

This past November, I had the pleasure of meeting the author and discussing at some length what the "optimum" analog guide book would look like, what was essential, and what was "fluff." I think Michael was genuinely interested in providing the maximum value for the price charged.

In that context, I look forward to taking delivery on my first hard copy of the Wise Pilgrim Guides.

You cannot go wrong with this expansive family of Camino guides.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely NO commercial interest in any of these guides. My sole interest is in setting the best information to the pilgrim.

I hope this helps, and Michael does well with these guides.

Usual disclaimer: No commercial interest, no affiliate relationship etc. just a happy user/customer.

Wisepilgrim Apps (which I have used both on the VdlP and now on the CF) is finally, finally planning to make a printed aka paper guide book for those of us (me included!) that always tend to forget to charge their phones that are smarter than the owner :p

I came across their indiegogo campaign and thought I would share it here in case somebody wants to support the project. If that post is against forum rules, dear mods feel free to remove it!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-camino-de-santiago-a-wise-pilgrim-guide#/

Buen Camino de la Vida and yes, I know, I still owe the community some more updates of my current Camino (de la Vida), SY
Thanks, how can I buy this book?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
In a text exchange with "wise pilgrim" yesterday, he informed me that his guides will eventually be available through Amazon.com. Stay tuned...

I hope this helps.

I'll be ordering via the IndieGoGo link ... thanks for the information! The guide looks phenomenal - excited for future routes to be available as well (Norte & Portuguese!). Buen Camino to all!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
These guides are among the very best available in digital format. I have all of them, even for routes I have not yet walked...I just might.

This past November, I had the pleasure of meeting the author and discussing at some length what the "optimum" analog guide book would look like, what was essential, and what was "fluff." I think Michael was genuinely interested in providing the maximum value for the price charged.

In that context, I look forward to taking delivery on my first hard copy of the Wise Pilgrim Guides.

You cannot go wrong with this expansive family of Camino guides.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely NO commercial interest in any of these guides. My sole interest is in setting the best information to the pilgrim.

I hope this helps, and Michael does well with these guides.
Each year I buy a guide then at end of Camino leave it behind for someone to make use . One use to be able to print a guide but have not been able to find the site any longer. I am finishing the Camino Frances, since did not want to go to Santiago spent many days relaxing and finished in leon. Appreciate where one could find a site to print the Camino Frances.

BIG UPDATE!

The books have been printed, and are schedule for assembly next week. Because they were printed here in Santiago where I am located I have decided that for the foreseeable future NOT to distribute them through Amazon. I know I know you are a Prime member, but I have not printed enough of them to make bulk shipping to the Amazon distribution center feasible. Plus it is a hassle and I've got a Portugués Guidebook to finish up.

Instead I have decided to have the online sales go through the Camino Forum Shops, which are run by Ivar too. He is also based in Santiago, and sends packages out into the world on a daily basis with great success. He also includes a free credential with every book, which is a perk that I know is appreciated. If you have arrived to Spain and want a copy, send me an email (michael@wisepilgrim.com) or ask in your albergue if they know where to find a copy.

The ebook version is available via Amazon and iBooks, and of course the apps are still under active development.

A big thanks to everyone for their support.

Michael

Here is the link to order online:
https://www.santiagodecompostela.me/products/wise-pilgrim-guides-the-camino-frances

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.