• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wish slightly diminishing

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@yaying : Even if I never met you I feel that we " know " each other from this virtual albergue that the forum is ( especially the whimsical Non Serious Thread :)).

I will keep sending positive thoughts and cheers from this side of Europe that one day you will be able to walk towards San Tiago! I hope our paths will cross then.

Meanwhile @yaying : never forget that you are already a true pilgrim in your heart in taking care of others and putting them before yourself sometimes.
You are an exceptional caring and wonderful person. Never forget that.

Un abrazo fuerte!

Never,never give up your dream.I became aware of the Camino as a young man but had to wait until I retired before I was able to achieve my dream.I and many other others on the forum will pray that one day you too can walk in the footsteps of the miIIions
who have gone before.In your heart you are all ready a pilgrim so you have taken your first steps on the way.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
@yaying there is a reason why the camino calls to you. Maybe now is not the right time but one day it will be. I know you will immediately feel this when it becomes a reality. For now consider this, maybe you are not physically walking but I feel that you are already on the camino in sprit and in mind.

The camino is not just a physical path it’s also a journey of discovering yourself and as @philip a tobin said you are already a pilgrim in your heart don’t give up the dream. I know it that one day you you will place your hands on the statue of Santiago.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Never,never give up your dream.I became aware of the Camino as a young man but had to wait until I retired before I was able to achieve my dream.I and many other others on the forum will pray that one day you too can walk in the footsteps of the miIIions
who have gone before.In your heart you are all ready a pilgrim so you have taken your first steps on the way.

thank you!

@yaying there is a reason why the camino calls to you. Maybe now is not the right time but one day it will be. I know you will immediately feel this when it becomes a reality. For now consider this, maybe you are not physically walking but I feel that you are already on the camino in sprit and in mind.

The camino is not just a physical path it’s also a journey of discovering yourself and as @philip a tobin said you are already a pilgrim in your heart don’t give up the dream. I know it that one day you you will place your hands on the statue of Santiago.

as i recalled your inspiring story too, thank you!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Remember this
Only you can say when its over
Never give up
Never give in

Bend so you wont break
Flow to not stagnate

There is a time for Ice and a time for fire.

Look at the trees standing tall..or bent and gnarled...all of them learned by the touch of wind,rain,ice,heat flood and fire...and they allowed the wind to push on them
Every now and then losing a branch or limb
Every fall..they lose their cloths
Every cold they hold the promise of spring with their roots to the soil..hoping that the bargain is kept.

They live because they can bend to not break..makes you wonder why some trees fall over no? Their wide spread roots for all to see
Wide but not deep
The deepest roots hold
And they hold against any stormwind
They hold against flood and famine
And if all the branches break..there is enough below the surface to start again.

Water flows towards its ends..and uses any means to move forward
Around
Over
Under
And sometimes through
Because to stop moving means wasted movement,wasted effort,wasted time

The sea seems to break against whatever shore..it doesnt matter
It seems to be breaking in vain

But below the crashing...there is a lot of sand from an unrelenting drive.

Water is best at flowing
If you see still waters...they are only waiting...

Let go of what hurts so that you can have fertile grounds to spring from..dont burn with desire until you burn out
Always move forward with a daily joy of knowing you will reach where you need to be

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Whats to confuse?
You want to go but your drive is frustrated is when the hard part starts.
This is when you set your teeth
Put your hands up and fight for what you want.

You get knocked about
You get knocked back a few steps that y9u already did time and again

Then you realise that all those trips back and forth has smoothed the path
You know what to do and how to do it
Its a matter of wanting it bad enough that the fight becomes secondary to the goal.

All roads go somewhere
No road goes nowhere

The Camino is the river and your road is the stream heading toward it
Remember...water flows over,under,around and through the obstacles

The wind is not stopped by the trees..it is mearely transformed into something that also flows over,under,around and through

Let your spirit and soul flow instead of sticking to what is in the way..follow the flow and find the river.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yaying, I can not add to all the other heartfelt replies you have received from others, just know that I agree wholeheartedly. You are a very special person and I'm so glad to "know you through the NOT Serious thread. Hoping for patience for you as you "wait" for your camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
View attachment 47987

p.s. pardon my handwriting & the quality of the photo.
@yaying I know how you feel. It took me 7 years to walk The Way. I just completed my first earlier this month and it was life changing!! I’m tearing up as I write this. Everything happens in its season. You will walk El Camino, when the time is right for you!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.