• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

With pack transport, are there inexpensive places to stay on El Norte?

ritaj

Time of past OR future Camino
Well, we tried to walk the Camino del Norte in May and after only two days realized that Wes' back could not carry his backpack one step further. Although we love the albergues and the community we find there, we are in our 70s and have to accept changes in how we walk our Caminos. So we are planning to return, possibly in September, to pick up where we stopped, in San Sebastian. We will be using the transport people for Wes' pack, but they require that we stay where we can make reservations for each night and are open to receive the delivery of the pack during the day. Does anyone have suggestions for inexpensive places to stay between San Sebastian and Villaviciosa (this year). Places to stay and ways to make contact with them would be much appreciated!

ritaj

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, don't worry you'll have a wonderful camino without your packs (and you can still reserve a bed in the private albergues, of which there are many along the way!)

Anyway you might find this site helpful - I'm sure you can figure it out even if you don't speak any Spanish:
http://www.gronze.com/guia-del-camino-del-norte/etapas/etapa-2-san-sebastian-zarautz
(Just to give you an example, so this is a list of some 'budget' accommodation for the stage from St Sebastian - Zarautz - along with booking options! - to get to the next stage click on '"Siguiente: Etapa 3: Zarautz-Deba" at the top of the map!)

Thanks so much! We are a little intimidated by the changes we have to make -- not staying in albergues, making reservations in advance, etc. The gronze site is very very helpful. We still would love to hear from folks who stayed in places other than albergues and from folks who used pack transport about their experiences.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back