• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Women group on the camino

ranthr

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
Having walked alone on several caminos from 2005 to 2018, planning a new/ my last camino next May, in the age of 74, I have started thinking that it could have been OK to join a group of women in my age, or others that want shorter stages.
My original plan was walking from Madrid, joining the Frances from Fromista or Sahagun to Ponferrada and continuing on the Invierno to Santiago. I am not a mosquito in social connections, walk alone mostly, recent years in my homeland because of the corona, but could think it was ok to have some company . My last camino was the Invierno, very nice, but very lonely, met only a couple of people in 10 days.
I am starting from Madrid May 10. or 11. 2022 if health and covid permits.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Having walked alone on several caminos from 2005 to 2018, planning a new/ my last camino next May, in the age of 74, I have started thinking that it could have been OK to join a group of women in my age, or others that want shorter stages.
My original plan was walking from Madrid, joining the Frances from Fromista or Sahagun to Ponferrada and continuing on the Invierno to Santiago. I am not a mosquito in social connections, walk alone mostly, recent years in my homeland because of the corona, but could think it was ok to have some company . My last camino was the Invierno, very nice, but very lonely, met only a couple of people in 10 days.
Hello, I plan on walking Le Puy to SJPdP mid April next year, so not exactly your time frame but maybe we may meet up for the last part of it, or I switch at some part to another one. I am worried that mid april may be a bit problematic weather wise in the Aubrac area, so I'm still not 100% on this plan. I am turning 61, and having walked 2 caminos, realize that age is mostly irrelevant.

Check out the Camigas Facebook page, an excellent resource for women walking the Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@maruska89 , I walked from Le Puy in the beginning of May 2013. A cold spring, lot of rain and mud. I took the road in places I knew the path was difficult in bad weather, was glad I had walked the route earlier, then in August 2009. Bring enough clothes, you might need them!

Last edited:
Check out the Camigas Facebook page, an excellent resource for women walking the Camino
Thanks, I follow that page. My worry is to be quite alone in an albergue at night, wouldn’t like that. So may be I change to a camino with more people.

@maruska89 , I walked from Le Puy in the beginning of May 2013. A cold spring, lot of rain and mud. I took the road in places I knew the path was difficult in bad weather, was glad I had walked the route earlier, then in August 2009. Bring enough clothes, you might need them!
Thanks for your reply... I appreciate it and am still pondering what I will do.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks, I follow that page. My worry is to be quite alone in an albergue at night, wouldn’t like that. So may be I change to a camino with more people.
In situations such as that, get a room in a pension or hostal-- it is generally about 25-40 euro (which adds up if repeated!)-- ask for a recommendation from a woman staff member at the ayuuntamiento or in a restaurant, letting them know of your concern. The Spanish can be marvellously helpful in such circumstances.

In situations such as that, get a room in a pension or hostal-- it is generally about 25-40 euro (which adds up if repeated!)-- ask for a recommendation from a woman staff member at the ayuuntamiento or in a restaurant, letting them know of your concern. The Spanish can be marvellously helpful in such circumstances.
On the camino de Madrid after Segovia there are not so many choices, you have to stay in albergues some places. I have walked caminos since 2005 and the last years tried to have a room in hostales if possible.

On the camino de Madrid after Segovia there are not so many choices, you have to stay in albergues some places. I have walked caminos since 2005 and the last years tried to have a room in hostales if possible.
I have run into similar situations, such as in Candasnos on the Castellano Aragones, where the only accommodation was a truck stop which did not feature the usual gentility of such places-- I can see how this might not be comfortable for a woman.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back