A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Wonderful television series about the Camino - The Naked Pil

I added this in the guide section but I thought I would add here too in case people miss it:

I did the Camino last year and I wish I had seen this wonderful series first. Art critic and lapsed Catholic Brian Sewell follows the road to Compostela (he cheats and goes by car though!) and visits churches and pilgrim spots on the way. His journey is very moving and often amusing and really captures the spirit of the Camino and what it means to be a pilgrim. He sets off as a man presenting a tv programme and by the time he arrives in Compostela he questions his loss of faith. There is a beautiful and emotional climax by the sea in Finisterre. I was given it on DVD as a birthday present - it was made in 2003 so I'm sure it's still available. Has anyone else seen this? I recommend you watch it before you go.

Advertisment

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
I saw the series a few years ago - a friend in England taped it and sent it to me. I thoroughly enjoyed it although my friend said that most people 'take the piss out of poor old Brian' because of his accent and sentimentality.
All I remember of the end in Finsterre is that he was butt naked and we all saw .... well, his butt!

Yes! It's a very moving ending - made me cry! I've just had a look and you can buy it on a few websites - Amazon has it for £7.00. I expect it's the same version as mine. And he's done other travel series too!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.5%