• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

'World's first' coronavirus sitcom to launch in locked-down Spain

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Disgusting and misguided cash-in attempt.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I read the artcle, oddly enough from Aljazeera.

Gorka Otxoa, one of the actors in the series, tweeted: "How lucky to have the opportunity to raise a smile in this complex situation from our homes. I hope joy and laughter raise our defences. We await you on Tuesday."

Indeed Spain's death total is now in the 13,000's. And millions of Spainards watching television, see the numbers of death rising, surely must feel saddened and worried and anxious and fearful ... and still have to make something of what is on hand for themselvers and their family for dinner.

If the intent of a eight part weekly series is to connect Spainards to each other witth stories everyone can relate tto, seems like a good idea. And undoubtely there will be an economic advantage on many levels, too!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Given that one of the funniest ever UK TV sitcoms is Dad's Army, about WW2, and it's still showing to this day, this idea could be very funny indeed. Comedy is all around us. All the time.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Disgusting and misguided cash-in attempt.
Diarios de cuarentena is broadcast by RTVE, a state-owned public corporation.

I understand that each episode is 30 minutes long and the first episode was shown on 7 April but I haven't watched it yet. I imagine that it's not much different from the thousands of videoclips that people have posted online about the funnier aspects of being locked in in the family home with one's nearest and dearest. And I guess that quite a few people can identify with it. But I gather from Spanish news media that there has also been criticism concerning the mere idea of such a series.

Here is what you are all talking about:

It comes with a complete transcript.

The prologue says that all the participants in the making of the series stayed at home during the whole time, just like all their Spanish viewers. They want to dedicate the series to all those professionals who go out to work for them every day. That is a thought I really appreciate as someone who has lived under lockdown for over 3 weeks now, very similar to the Spanish viewers. What I appreciate most are the logistics and all the people who are needed to get food to my home.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Given that one of the funniest ever UK TV sitcoms is Dad's Army, about WW2, and it's still showing to this day, this idea could be very funny indeed. Comedy is all around us. All the time.
Not quite the same, though. WW2 ended in 1945, and Dad's Army was written and broadcast from 1968 onwards while this Spanish series is written and broadcast now while these things are happening.

The title of this thread, which is the title that the editor of the news article presumably came up with, is an unfortunate choice. "'World's first' coronavirus" put me off and I was determined not to watch it. I am glad that I changed my mind. It's not about the virus, it's about living in a "lockdown" society, a first for most of us, and this "world's first" angle puts an emphasis on it that just isn't there.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
So, has anyone other than me watched the first episode of the Diarios de la cuarentena? I watched it with my very limited Spanish and burst into laughter a few times and it left me in a good mood. It is indeed inspired by current real-life video clips. One can understand what's going on without knowing much Spanish, it's more like short sketches than a continuous storyline.

I am going to study the transcript now - a great way to improve one's Spanish for camino walking since it's dialogues and not descriptive text, and then I will watch it for a second time. I hope I will not be disappointed when I actually understand it all. 🙃

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I understand from a news article that the profits from the broadcasting of the series will go to the Spanish Red Cross for the purchase of medical supplies.

The episodes are recorded by the actors themselves who get advise about framing and lighting issues via Skype. The episodes are shot in the actors' homes. If I understand correctly, quite a few are couples where both partners happen to be actors.

Thanks for the link @Kathar1na ! Will try to watch it with the family. Sounds like our kids might enjoy it. I keep thinking there are all these memes about parents being stuck with their kids all day, but what about kids being stuck with their parents all day?! I have no idea if the show will touch on that, but since it's in Spain and in Spanish our kids may find it quite relatable.

I understand from a news article that the profits from the broadcasting of the series will go to the Spanish Red Cross for the purchase of medical supplies.

The episodes are recorded by the actors themselves who get advise about framing and lighting issues via Skype. The episodes are shot in the actors' homes. If I understand correctly, quite a few are couples where both partners happen to be actors.

I watched it for five minutes. It looked good but I don' t like this type of TV programme.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back