• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Would like to share with you guys some Camino Pictures

vlebe

Walker Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2001; 2004; 2009; 2013, 2016.....
Hello there fellow pilgrims;

I would like to share with you all some of the many many pictures I have taken on the beautiful Camino Frances.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... d170897c61

Those were taken during my last Camino in 2009 (and definitelly the last one carrying heavy photograph equipment)

Altough this is a Facebook link it should work even if you dont have an account.

Ultreya!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Vlebe,

Thanks for posting the link to your pics, I'm doing it in May and love seeing pics of the trail and packs and shoes people wear! What camera did you use?

Kat

Hello there Kat!

I reckon for photography intusiasts all around the world, the decision of taking a good (and heavy) camera is always an issue!

I have walked the Camino Frances twice, and both times I had SLRs with me, being a Leica M3 used for the pictures on this album.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't recommend taking this kind of camera with you unless you really really really want and need pictures with very good quality...

I'm leaving for my third Camino in 15 days and this time I'm not taking anything that needs battery with me... No chargers, nothing! :D

I might just have a disposable camera for very important moments...

We are luck anyway that small point and shoot cameras are getting excellent results being lightweight (and even waterproof sometimes) nowadays!

Let me know what you decide regarding photography gear!

Buen Camino :razz:

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
[vlebe: Let me know what you decide regarding photography gear!]

Hi Vlebe,

Thanks for your advice.

I have a Canon EOS 60 but as hard as the decision is not to take it, it's just too heavy. I'm looking at investing in the newish Sony RX100 compact digital camera, it gets terrific reviews -http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-cybershot-dsc-rx100 -even compared to some SLR's and you can also get a twin charger for it to charge 2 batteries at the same time. (I would take 3 so one is always full). I'm still doing some research on it, but it looks like the best compromise without lugging around my EOS. Have you heard anything about the sony?

Kat

Hey Kat!

I ve just finished reading the Sony RX100 review and this little beauty looks impressive!

I think you can't go wrong with that!!!

I guess everyday I change my mind abou which camera gear to take with me... As when I wrote my last post yesterday I was sure I didnt want to carry the extra weight. But some days (like today) I just want to take a heavy bulk camera with me :oops:

I still have 14 days to make up my mind!!

(my budget doesnt allow new cameras at the moment :cry: otherwise I'd think about getting one of these new point and shoots or a Micro Four Thirds format).

I'm expecting some bad weather in march so if I could I'd try and get a weather sealed camera, water proof, etc.

But I'm just happy I'm going.... Even if I dont take any cameras with me :D

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
["vlebe: I ve just finished reading the Sony RX100 review and this little beauty looks impressive!
I think you can't go wrong with that!!!"]

Thanks Vlebe,

I think I'm convinced on this Sony RX 100. I'll be posting a link to the pics after my walk, but not going till May!

Good luck with your walk.

Buen Camino.

katdavis said:
["vlebe: I ve just finished reading the Sony RX100 review and this little beauty looks impressive!
I think you can't go wrong with that!!!"]

Thanks Vlebe,

I think I'm convinced on this Sony RX 100. I'll be posting a link to the pics after my walk, but not going till May!

Good luck with your walk.

Buen Camino.

I shoot with Nikon gear-D3S and D800 but they will stay at home when i do my camino next year, the Sony RX100 gives great image quality and low weight so is at the top of my list to get
Dave
http://www.wildlifeinfocus.com
http://www.davidcourtenayphotography.com

Good choice Dave!

Last saturday I got a GoPro Hero02 as a Gift and I'm in love with that little thing... 8)

I'll try and play around doing some videos as I go, and just use an Iphone for pics this time...

We can't have all the things at once everytime! Camino lesson!

:D

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back