• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Would you like to share your reasons for walking?

Liz Avalon

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2017
Hello fellow pilgrims!

I am an artist from Laguna Beach, California. I will be arriving at SJPP on Friday and starting the Camino Frances Saturday morning. One of my personal goals for the Camino is to become more open with others - to share my life and to meet new people and hear their stories too.

As a part of this journey, I hope to complete a photo-art project. I invite anyone who would like to share their reason for walking the Camino to participate. It is very simple, - I will be taking portraits of pilgrims and asking why they walk the Camino. The end product will be a photo book showing the amazing people who make the pilgrimage and the reasons they make the journey.

If this is something that you are interested in, please approach me. I made myself very easy to recognize - just look for the purple hair!

Buen Camino!
Liz

p.s. - To be clear, this is a personal project that I hope to share with other pilgrims and those who care about the Camino. It is not commercially sponsored.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If this is something that you are interested in, please approach me.
It will be a bit of a long shot finding members of the Forum. Good luck with it, but don't spend a lot of time waiting for them. They are too small a percentage of the pilgrims! I have met only two in a lot of walks.:)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hello fellow pilgrims!

I am an artist from Laguna Beach, California. I will be arriving at SJPP on Friday and starting the Camino Frances Saturday morning. One of my personal goals for the Camino is to become more open with others - to share my life and to meet new people and hear their stories too.

As a part of this journey, I hope to complete a photo-art project. I invite anyone who would like to share their reason for walking the Camino to participate. It is very simple, - I will be taking portraits of pilgrims and asking why they walk the Camino. The end product will be a photo book showing the amazing people who make the pilgrimage and the reasons they make the journey.

If this is something that you are interested in, please approach me. I made myself very easy to recognize - just look for the purple hair!

Buen Camino!
Liz

p.s. - To be clear, this is a personal project that I hope to share with other pilgrims and those who care about the Camino. It is not commercially sponsored.
Something similar going on already:
https://www.instagram.com/caminodesantiago.pilgrims/
But go on with your idea!!!

Buen successo!

We are starting in Triacastela on 5th October. I don't know if our paths will cross along the way but I will look out for a girl with Purple Hair and ask if she is Liz if we happen to meet someone.
My reason is I am doing it with my Dad. He is 70 in January and it is a walk he has always wanted to do so we are doing it. Really looking forward to the challenge now that it is coming nearer to the time. I have walked two Full marathons in the last year so it will be a different challenge for me to do.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hmmm, original.

It would be quite interesting to get the testimony of peregrinos travelling off season, in the bleak midwinter, when the tourists are hibernating.

Don't forget yourself out there while you're questioning others about their motivations. ;)

Buen viaje

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back