• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Would you walk in these?

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
I'm currently walking the Camino Frances. Over the last week or so we've been followed by a lady wearing these shoes... indeed this photo was taken in Las Herrerias.

We understand that walking the camino in these shoes is a kind of marketing exercise? But we have no other information... but thought I'd share the photo anyway 😳

Ps I rode one of Victor's horses this time... just glorious ✨

16521971504491.jpg16521971505534.jpg

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Well - it is her Camino - but no, no heels for me! I don't care how comfortable they may be! My daughter's kindergarten teacher wore 3-4 inch heels to work every day - I thought she was crazy - but she was able to hop, skip, jump, jump rope, and even run after her runaway kids in them just fine! My feet wouldn't have lasted 1 day in them - she wore them every day for as long as I knew her and is probably still wearing them 12 years later haha. Hopefully the marketing strategy is working for the peregrina - posting photos and the ensuring discussion would definitely help. Maybe next time you see her find out what shoes and where to buy them haha.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm currently walking the Camino Frances. Over the last week or so we've been followed by a lady wearing these shoes... indeed this photo was taken in Las Herrerias.

We understand that walking the camino in these shoes is a kind of marketing exercise? But we have no other information... but thought I'd share the photo anyway 😳

View attachment 125149View attachment 125150
Well, would YOU? I mean, footwear is a recurring note in your threads!!! If that is you in the light blue fleece top, and the lovely smile, buen camino!!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We’re in Palas de Rei today, and I’ve seen her several times over the last few days, including a few hours ago on the way in to town. Someone told me she is advertising these shoes as “so comfortable you can walk the Camino wearing them.” I hear she is carrying 4-5 pair that are for sale.

On another note, my wife also rode the horse (Mavi) from Las Herrerias to O Cebreiro, and loved it. Unfortunately, by the time I inquired, Victor only had one horse left, so I walked to OC. It really wasn’t a bad walk, even though much of it was uphill. I quite enjoyed it. I suppose I’ve gotten my Camino legs without even realizing it.

I tried to download a picture of Alexandra but I could not. I met her this afternoon coming into Pallas de Rei. I had heard about her. I took the time to talk to her to find out her story. She is very open to sharing. So I am a little dismayed about the jokes. She is very sincere about her advocacy of helping single mothers who may be struggling with mental health issues. She wants to bring attention to this as she suffered issues as a single mother.
Please if you see her say hello from Edie. She was on her way to Melide. I hope to see her again on the Way to Santiago.

I'm a massage therapist. No... just no! : )

Attachments

• HighHeelsNope.jpg
    HighHeelsNope.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 54
  • HighHeelsXRay2.jpg
    HighHeelsXRay2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 50
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
That is not true. Please get to know her. Don’t assume or pass on rumors.
We’re in Palas de Rei today, and I’ve seen her several times over the last few days, including a few hours ago on the way in to town. Someone told me she is advertising these shoes as “so comfortable you can walk the Camino wearing them.” I hear she is carrying 4-5 pair that are for sale.

On another note, my wife also rode the horse (Mavi) from Las Herrerias to O Cebreiro, and loved it. Unfortunately, by the time I inquired, Victor only had one horse left, so I walked to OC. It really wasn’t a bad walk, even though much of it was uphill. I quite enjoyed it. I suppose I’ve gotten my Camino legs without even realizing it.

I like the socks....the high heels would be a challenge....love the pony

Well maybe next time around she can do the camino like a true pilgrim and do it on her knees. I don't think it will hurt quite as much as those shoes!! You know it takes all kinds to make a horde of pilgrims, she can proudly wear the shoes and we will accept her and the shoes.......... Just the way I am accepted along with my own oddities. I did not ride the horse when I did the hill in O'Cebreiro, i just pulled out a pair of stilettoes and marched up.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I tried to download a picture of Alexandra but I could not. I met her this afternoon coming into Pallas de Rei. I had heard about her. I took the time to talk to her to find out her story. She is very open to sharing. So I am a little dismayed about the jokes. She is very sincere about her advocacy of helping single mothers who may be struggling with mental health issues. She wants to bring attention to this as she suffered issues as a single mother.
Please if you see her say hello from Edie. She was on her way to Melide. I hope to see her again on the Way to Santiago.
Thanks Ede. I read about Alexandra and she sounds like an awesome woman. You can’t tell a book by its cover.

So glad you took the time to hear wish other people could do the same...I will stay withflats

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
As they say, to each their own but at the same time I think, why? Anyway good luck to her.

I am so glad to hear that Victor has his horse back to work. He is an amazing man.
Apropos the shoes - a few years ago I did an Overnight Walk of 16 miles in aid of Suicide Prevention "Out of Darkness" and one man walked the whole way in 4 inch high heeled shoes in memory of his wife who had taken her own life. You can not begin to imagine how painful that was.

Why gossip about a lady when you can ask her directly?

The shoes with heels remind me of a dear friend of mine. She used to wear high heels all the time, and her feet were unable to adjust to flat shoes. So she had Wellingtons with high heels on the inside, long before the so-called wedges came into fashion.

Perhaps this is the case here, perhaps not, so let us know once you have asked.

-- Aha, I see that @Ede Hale did just that. Good for you!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Why gossip about a lady when you can ask her directly?

The shoes with heels remind me of a dear friend of mine. She used to wear high heels all the time, and her feet were unable to adjust to flat shoes. So she had Wellingtons with high heels on the inside, long before the so-called wedges came into fashion.

Perhaps this is the case here, perhaps not, so let us know once you have asked.

-- Aha, I see that @Ede Hale did just that. Good for you!

I've since spoken with her and one of the two marketing guys walking with her... my walking Buddies have also chatted.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Are you sitting side-saddle on that horse? If so, kudos on the sheer core strength that would take for balancing.

Not certain I could stay on with that slick little saddle! I would need a Western saddle with a big horn to help haul me up and to hang on tight!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Reminded of Nancy Sinatra's hit "These boots are made for walkin and that's just what they'll do, and one of these days these boots will walk the camino". Start walkin boots!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back