• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wow!! Check this map out!

Time of past OR future Camino
Yearly and Various 2014-2019
Via Monastica 2022
Just in time for planning purposes, Kinky1 has just blown my mind by posting this link on another thread:
http://www.rayyrosa.com/loscaminos

If all the different caminos blur for you into a fog of confusion, this map is seriously enlightening. Now there are names for the (many many) more ways than one to get to Santiago! (You old hands know all the details of this already, but I was lost...)

Besides being complete, it's fun too--click on the route and often a link shows up, and down the rabbit hole you go.
Seems way too good to hide in an obscure corner of the forum, in the height of planning season.
Happy exploring, everyone....

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Fantastic map! Thanks!

Just in time for planning purposes, Kinky1 has just blown my mind by posting this link on another thread:
http://www.rayyrosa.com/loscaminos

If all the different caminos blur for you into a fog of confusion, this map is seriously enlightening. Now there are names for the (many many) more ways than one to get to Santiago! (You old hands know all the details of this already, but I was lost...)

Besides being complete, it's fun too--click on the route and often a link shows up, and down the rabbit hole you go.
Seems way too good to hide in an obscure corner of the forum, in the height of planning season.
Happy exploring, everyone....
Hi Viranani :)

did you opened this link?
On Camino Francese Maps Web does not work. Also, from Portomarin - Santiago there are no albergues. And alternative routes not processed. A few things in just 10 minutes. ;)

For me, gronze.com and caminoteca.com are better. :cool:

Bota

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
did you opened this link?
Of course, Bota...in fact it's open in another tab right now.
And you're right, to a point.
Its totally fantastic for the big picture, not for the details. And certainly there are gazillion other places to find the information about the Frances. I needed to know simply things like, 'Where exactly does the Ebro go?,'or 'Does the VdlP go through Zaragosa?,' and so on. And for that it's brilliant.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Some minor and interesting differences.
I still wish there was a decent and more accurate version on paper--it would have to be a larger scale, perhaps in sections.
And I always want a paper map (say, 1:100,000 or less) of whatever camino I am considering. (I know...this is sooooo old fashioned. And I guess like Jill I'm a map geek. But a topo map does for me what a GPS never can.)
Edit--and now I've found this site--which I am certain oldies know about, but I didn't--so apologies to those of you've who've seen posts like this many times!:
http://pilgrim.peterrobins.co.uk/routes/index.html
http://maps.peterrobins.co.uk/
Question to those of you who've used these: I am lost as to how to access and print maps on this site...it is complciated!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Indeed.
I find myself wondering how many lives it'd take a not-too-obsessed peregrina/o to walk all these!:D

Until we get it right! (Groundhog Day)

I still wish there was a decent and more accurate version on paper--it would have to be a larger scale, perhaps in sections.
And I always want a paper map (say, 1:100,000 or less) of whatever camino I am considering. (I know...this is sooooo old fashioned. And I guess like Jill I'm a map geek. But a topo map does for me what a GPS never can.)

Me too! I don't want my world to be limited to a screen but instead to have edges to walk off...

Question to those of you who've used these: I am lost as to how to access and print maps on this site...it is complciated!

Hi Viranani, I think a PM to alansykes might help. He has used those maps on his more remote walks on several occasions, and I have no idea how he does it.

I never bother with the printed maps, because I inevitably look at them upside down or sideways and then wind up more lost than I would be without it. Ridiculous, I know. I bought a GPS two years ago to accompany me on the Camino Olvidado and it really saved me one time. Then I had it again last year on the Catalan , but on several occasions I just couldn't get it to work. But I think I'm working out those kinks. Anyway, I know that the last thing any of us needs is another device to carry but my family is pretty insistent that I take it when I'm out on these untraveled caminos with no one in sight. I haven't told them about the many times that I turn on the device and I can't find the maps though. :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Which would make you a card-carrying member of the Flat Earth Society? ;)

it's all about exploring the Great Unknown :cool:

but then (as I tell the IT kids) I was born BC (before computers)

Hi Viranani, I think a PM to alansykes might help.
Good idea, Laurie! I managed to figure out how to get a map on the screen. But then I keep getting error messages when I try to tell it what to display. I'm doing somehting wrong. Probably something simple and stupid. But I am also from a BC generation. Some things take patience.
I don't want my world to be limited to a screen but instead to have edges to walk off...
Why it makes a difference I don't know, but it does...
Besides it's easier and faster. Nothing to turn on, or fail--besides the brain that is. That's another story.
Until we get it right! (Groundhog Day)
Ha!...you know what that means? We won't care whether we're on the camino, or not. Now the trick question, Meri...do you want that to happen sooner, or later?:cool:

Thanks. Great map. I just wish I spoke (or could read) Spanish. Something to work on.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Good idea, Laurie! I managed to figure out how to get a map on the screen. But then I keep getting error messages when I try to tell it what to display. I'm doing somehting wrong. Probably something simple and stupid. But I am also from a BC generation. Some things take patience.

Why it makes a difference I don't know, but it does...
Besides it's easier and faster. Nothing to turn on, or fail--besides the brain that is. That's another story.

I can place myself in the world on a paper map. I use technology, it was my livelihood, but we seem to be moving away from our ability to navigate in the real world. It's always useful to have both paper and digital.

Ha!...you know what that means? We won't care whether we're on the camino, or not. Now the trick question, Meri...do you want that to happen sooner, or later?:cool:

much, much later... I have so much more to learn and so many untravelled roads to learn upon...

much, much later... I have so much more to learn and so many untravelled roads to learn upon...
That's exactly it isn't it? And the map of all those caminos shows the many many possibilities. Just in Spain, never mind the rest of the world! (And I love what Reb said in another thread--pilgrims pray with their feet. That's a lot of compassionate action in a world that desperately needs it.)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child - our own two eyes. All is a miracle.

Thich Nhat Hahn

I just downloaded the Wikiloc app from the App Store, and the Camino de Madrid track file (.gpx) from the web site.

I cannot tolerate the "off season." I need to plan, or at least day-dream about my 2016 plans...Madrid to Sahagun (Moratinos), thence to Santiago...hopefully.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Can't say it much better than that!
And I'm guessing it will feel especially miraculous when you next set foot on a Camino Path, Meri...happy healing to you...

planning... rehabilitation... more planning... more rehabilitation... :rolleyes:

While the rest of us (except Margaret) are swanning around, taking walking completely for granted. Shame on us!
I hope you both get back on your feet and back on the Camino pronto!

Last edited:
And many more beyond Spain

upload_2015-12-12_8-15-7.png

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Some minor and interesting differences.
Edit--and now I've found this site--which I am certain oldies know about, but I didn't--so apologies to those of you've who've seen posts like this many times!:
Actually there are no maps on Peter Robins site that I'm familiar with. I used GPS tracks to check if still being on the right route several times :) On-line of course.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back