• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino wow wow Geneve to Roncesvalles

Sinenomene

well,

i just arrived in roncesvalles and have walked from geneva. i am an american and been having a superbueno time in france and learning beacoup francais. Its actually quite ridiculous. so many great people and good times and there are no words to say what it is. i have a journal i will be posting online as it becomes possible. french keyboards are very hard for journaling. but all is well and i miss my cybercamino with all the great advice here. geneve to le puy is by far the most magical experience ive had on the way. i met only 4 pilgrims, a suisse a german myself and another german. it was a paradise and the people of the area wholeheartedly welcome the pelerin. So many times i have been invited in to houses to share coffee... and i arrived in geneva only knowing bonjour, svp, and merci. Now the language changes and ive said more than enough goodbyes from the le puy track, and many more hellos on the camino. super international.

peace to all,
chris

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I will start the Camino probably from Geneva or even Zurich.From Geneva where do I find information. I would appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,
René

Geneva to Le Puy

Hello René,
A dear friend of mine walked from Geneva to Le Puy (350kms) and then on to Irun where he joined the camino norte.

The Confraternity of St James has an overview of the Geneva to Le Puy route. You will find it here:

http://www.csj.org.uk/route-geneva.htm

Good luck with your planning,

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Sil,

Thanks for the reply but it does not give me much information on the route or the places to stay. Do you know of another web address.

René

Geneva to Le Puy

Hi again René,
If you go to this link you can order a Video or DVD on the Via Gebennensis. I'm sure the Amis St Jacques would gladly help you with other infor regarding routes and accommodation

http://www.amis-st-jacques.org/pages/infosenvrac.html

When you have all the info - how about sharing it with us?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Information

So Rene, what happened?

gb

Wow! serious trekking - way to go!

By the way - at internet cafes ... click on start > control panel > Regional and language (icon of globe) > click languages > details ... then change keyboard to whatever language you want.

Don't forget to reset it before you leave.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
gb said:
So Rene, what happened?

gb

Well I still have done anything. I guess it is fear. I am afraid to take the time off to do it. I still dream day and night of doing it. The other day I was out walking in the cold and I was thinking how nice it would be to be on the Camino now, arriving towards the late spring.

Fear I am afraid is all that is stopping me, the walk would normally not be a problem. The idea of the solitude appeals to me. The more I think about things, the more it appeals to me to be on the Camino. I guess I hope and pray that the Camino will help me discover myself.

I appreciate the inputs and I know that it WILL happen.

René

Hi René, Please don't let fear stop you from walking the Camino. I am a nervous traveller - so much so that I have yet to visit Paris (which I wil fly into again in 6 months time - for the third time) or any of the other big cities in Spain. Yet, I have walked 1,200 kms from Toulouse and 1,600 kms (roughly) from le Puy and am planning about 2,000 kms from Bar-Sur-Seine. Even though I am nervous about how I will cope I just put those thoughts aside and just go - once I am walking everything falls into place, and prior to departure lots of research about the path and what I will see helps to give me confidence.

I had planned to walk from Geneva to Le Puy this year, but because we Australians are only allowed to stay in this part of Europe for 90 days I have had to abandon that plan for the moment.

I hope that you do soon grasp the opportunity to walk the Camino and feel confident that you will really enjoy the experience. Regards, Janet

I was recently on part of the road in the car and I saw a few people walking and I wished I could abandon my car and go on the road. I wish I could just get up and go. I appreciate you encouragement and support. I guess this is part of what has to happen but the Camino is calling. When I saw a person crossing the road alone, my heart leapt with excitement thinking how lucky this guy was to be on the road. It does not matter how long it takes but at least he was on the road.

I will take on board your input and will let you know what happens.

Thanks once again as I feel a great need to do it.

René

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hello All! I have tried for some time without success to find information online about accommodation along the Via Gebennensis. The 'Online Guide' offered by this website doesn't cover this route...
Hi All I will walk from Geneva to St. Jean Pied de Port in late August. But I want to concentrate on the route from Geneva to Le Puy first. I have never walked in France; unfortunately, I do not...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back