• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Xmas Greetings to All Pilgrims

BobM

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
V Frances; V Podensis; V Francigena; V Portugues; V Francigena del Sud; Jakobsweg. Jaffa - Jerusalem
Best wishes to all Pilgrims who will be walking over the Winter period.
My thoughts will be with you.
I hope that Christmas will be happy and meaningful for you all, and that 2009 will bring better days to the world.

Bob M

Attachments

• XmasTree.gif
    XmasTree.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 995
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thank you Bob and to all our peregrinos wherever they might be this Christmas.

Attachments

• Feliz Navidad.jpg
    Feliz Navidad.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 956
Seasons Greetings to you all. Our greatest wish is for peace and a better world. Buen Camino to all those planning on walking in 2009. Thanks Ivar for a great forum and best wishes for your new venture in 2009. Rose Louise

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Happy holidays to everyone from me as well!

Maria and I will be going to Norway for Christmas, just to get away from the cold weather :| Safe travels everyone!

Ivar

Re: Xmas Greetings to All Pilgrims, from PAMPLONA.-

roncesvallesmerrycopiatg7.jpg

All the best of the season to everyone. Ivar don't forget to leave a bowl of porridge for Fjøsnisse and I hope Julenisse brings you lots of gifts. :twisted:

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Re: Xmas Greetings to All Pilgrims, from PAMPLONA.-

What a wonderful snow scene at Roncesvalles :!:

Such pics make me yearn to do a winter Camino, but the thought of carrying/wearing all the extra cold-weather gear is not so appealing. :(

Next year I hope to walk for a week in September, possibly from Le Puy. :D

Bob M

Merry Christmas to all, and Javier special thanks for that snow-covered scene.

I know I finished the Camino with a sense of thankfulness, and deep joy, after all those weeks walking in simplicity, and with the rhythm of Camino days. I hope that the kind of realisations we reach after walking the Camino we will keep hold of, as I am sure they will help us bring about a more peaceful world, even if just in our own corner of it.
Margaret

Well, I will be spending Xmas/NY in the tropical Cook Islands. That's about as far from financial and political meltdowns as I can manage. As one economist remarked "I have seen twenty catastrophes this year that I never thought I would see in my lifetime!"

Of course, one still has to worry about cyclones and tsunamis. And there are longer term things to worry about as well. As global warming takes a stronger grip on our planet many of the low-lying Pacific islands will sink beneath the waves.

I can't save the planet by myself, but in my walks I can pick up a plastic bottle or a can discarded by the way. It takes no effort, and it does make a tiny difference.

Over my lifetime, such tiny efforts will mount up. Perhaps a few others will see what I am doing and it may provoke thought - and even encourage others to do the same.

As individuals, we must never despair of being able to change whatever aspect of the world we care about. Every individual effort makes a difference. The Camino itself is nothing but the cumulative efforts of many individuals.

It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

Bob M

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Good is stronger than evil; love is stronger than hate; light is stronger than darkness; life is stronger than death. Victory is ours, through him who loves us.
Desmond Tutu

Just seemed to follow on.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Re: Christmas Greetings to All Pilgrims

To my fellow Pilgrims,
A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Tony from wet and dreary New York City

Most read last week in this forum

Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back