• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Xunqueira de Ambia - Allariz - Ourense?

bjorgts

Time of past OR future Camino
In Spain, France, Portugal, Germany since 2003
From some postings I can see that some pelegrinos go from Xunqueira de Ambia over to the southern route to Allariz and stay over night there before going to Ourense, instead of staying in XdA and going from there to Ourense. Is Allariz a town worth this? Is the route nicer? Must one follow a road from XdA to Alleriz?
I will start in Zamora next week.
Bjørg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ho Bjorg
I did this route in 2006. The route is not marked with yellow arrows and I walked along the road. This was only about 8km and impossible to get lost.

Allariz is an old town built on a hillside above a river and is very nice. The old town is a maze of narrow streets and plazas with many old houses. I stayed in the Hostal Alarico which is next to the Policia Municial building. I don't know if there is an albergue there.

In the morning I made my way down to the river and found the yellow arrows after the Old Bridge.

My journal from Zamora to Santiago in 2006 is here http://www.peregrino.pwp.blueyonder.co. ... eca00.html

Good luck

Tom

Most read last week in this forum

I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back