Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Xunta albergues no longer accept reservations

wisepilgrim

Guidebook Author
Year of past OR future Camino
Many
It would appear that the website didn’t work well enough, and we have now returned to the first come first served method of the not so distant past.

For those unaware, this means arriving in time to secure a bed. The queue usually forms before the albergue opens, with most pilgrims simply using their packs as a placeholder. It works.

Note that this is only for the Xunta albergues in Galicia. Other albergues each have their own methods.

Edit to add: the price is fixed at 8€

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

John R McLean

It would appear that the website didn’t work well enough, and we have now returned to the first come first served method of the not so distant past.

For those unaware, this means arriving in time to secure a bed. The queue usually forms before the albergue opens, with most pilgrims simply using their packs as a placeholder. It works.

Note that this is only for the Xunta albergues in Galicia. Other albergues each have their own methods.

I like this. It would be better in my opinion if all the albergues did this.

David Tallan

Veteran Member

Are the backpacks in the queue properly distanced at 2m apart?

Not such a bad thing to see albergues return to the old ways. In the end, the walk is not a race and I remember, that even on a high in September 2014, there was always a bed waiting for me on the Camino. ❤️
My first Camino in 2012(starting in Roncesvilles) was so uninterrupted with cell phones, IPads, reservations, etc. It was pleasant. Only one time did I have to scramble for a place to sleep. I realize all that has changed now but my subsequent Caminos(2015- Porto,Portugal, 2017-St Jean) had a tension at times re reservations. The spontaneity has been diminished. But I'm still doing Camino del Norte in Sept 2022.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

david g

camino frances/finistere sept 2012
Frances May 2015
Aragones/Portugese May 2016
Primitivo July 2017
I’ve always liked the idea of trusting that you’ll find a bed rather than relying on a reservation. It’s what makes the Camino different from daily life at home. Sadly, as more people rely on reservations, it seems we’re bringing our home life to the Camino rather than the other way around.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads