• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

year round accommodations

bobotron801

Time of past OR future Camino
Oct 2016, Oct-Nov 2017, April-May 2019, Oct 2019
I am going to Spain October 16- December 4 and I am very interested in walking the Camino del Norte. Does anyone know what accommodations would look like that time of year?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you are willing to stay in private albergues or hostales probably ok but the municipal albergues usually close by mid to end of October. I would check out www.gronze.com to see which are open. I've walked the Norte in October so it's doable but just takes a bit more planning. Weather during that period may be quite wet, the Cantabrian Coast is quite fickle.

All the "Albergues de Peregrinos" were open when I walked the Norte in November 2016.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
All the "Albergues de Peregrinos" were open when I walked the Norte in November 2016.

If you have time I’d love to hear how that walk went. Was there many pilgrims? Did it rain a lot? General average costs

If you have time I’d love to hear how that walk went. Was there many pilgrims? Did it rain a lot? General average costs

Hi, there were just the right numbers of pilgrims, never had a problem finding a bed. I stayed on the Norte when it split with the Primitivo, and the numbers then decreased dramatically, so we were only a few in the albergues. Weather was great to begin with, it then rained for about a week, and it got very cold by mid-November. I spent on average 33 euros per day, split between 13 euros for a bed and 20 euros for food and drinks. I was walking with 2 camino buddies and we always tried to stop for a late lunch somewhere – so at least 10 euros went on a really good menu del dia (not pilgrim menus!). The other 10 went towards breakfast, café con leches, and drinks in the evening. We’d walk on after lunch for another hour or more to the next town, find a bed, showered etc, then went out about 8pm for tapas, usually with the others staying in the albergues. Really enjoyed it.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I would also download the Wise Pilgrim or Buen Camino app for the Norte. I walked End of September into November and by late October more and more albergues were closed. I never really had a problem but sometimes I had to refer to Wise Pilgrim and Gronze to find a town with an open Albergue based on the distances I wanted to walk. It just gives you more options as they have a lot of the same albergues but lots of different ones too.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi pilgrims , last year i had some spare days and i walked from Irun to Santander , so my plan for this year was to start in Bilbao and walk to Santiago in 24 days . It turned out that i can...
Hi, ive been training for my CDN in two weeks time and thought i'd get some UK coastline under my belt (Scarborough to Robin hoods Bay). I have to say i was just not prepared for the amount for...
hello We plan to walk from Irún to San Sebastián first day in Mid May and looking for feedback on how long it takes. Think we are up to it but will be our first day. Thanks for your thoughts and...
Please, am I mad to contemplate the following combo: Norte: Biarritz-Bayonne-Irun-Santander (via Bayonne to get my legs going) Santander - train to Leon San Salvador - Leon to Oviedo Primitivo -...
I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
What is the most beautiful seven day section on the Camino del Norte? I have a good friend who cannot come with me for the entire walk. She is only available for a week. I start from Irun. She...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.