• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Yes, I really want your experienced Norte input...

RumAndChupacabras

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Jul-Sept 2019: Six weeks in Northern Spain.
Apr 2018 Asturias
May 2016 CP: Portuguese
Hi All! Lord willing, my guy and I will be in Spain for 6 weeks. Our purpose is two-fold...

1. We plan to walk the majority of Coastal "Norte", probably into Oviedo. After this, we'll likely get ourselves to Ferrol and walk the (old) Inglés into SDC. I'm SUPER EXCITED ABOUT it being my 2nd Camino!!!

2. Focusing on the North of Spain (Asturias and Galicia) in looking at the potential to buy a home with our Realtor (our retirement time is here). We're hoping to be close to a route so that we can open our home and give a bed to 4 or so Peregrinos, when we can. Not even thinking about running an Albergue and all the work that goes with it!

What I'd LUV to hear about, from those who have walked these two routes is:
On the Norte and on the Primitivo, where (what towns) do you see the need for a few more beds???

Also, If you Camino on either of these two routes would you be willing to let me know if you see something in habitable shape for sale (se vende)???

We're going to be looking at what's available from Ferrol to SDC while on Camino Inglés.

Many thanks in advance and, of course...BUEN CAMINO!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi All! Lord willing, my guy and I will be in Spain for 6 weeks. Our purpose is two-fold...

1. We plan to walk the majority of Coastal "Norte", probably into Oviedo. After this, we'll likely get ourselves to Ferrol and walk the (old) Inglés into SDC. I'm SUPER EXCITED ABOUT it being my 2nd Camino!!!

2. Focusing on the North of Spain (Asturias and Galicia) in looking at the potential to buy a home with our Realtor (our retirement time is here). We're hoping to be close to a route so that we can open our home and give a bed to 4 or so Peregrinos, when we can. Not even thinking about running an Albergue and all the work that goes with it!

What I'd LUV to hear about, from those who have walked these two routes is:
On the Norte and on the Primitivo, where (what towns) do you see the need for a few more beds???

Also, If you Camino on either of these two routes would you be willing to let me know if you see something in habitable shape for sale (se vende)???

We're going to be looking at what's available from Ferrol to SDC while on Camino Inglés.

Many thanks in advance and, of course...BUEN CAMINO!
I wish you a lot of succes achieving these dreams !!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Nice plans! I think almost everywhere on the Norte there is room for extra albergues, except maybe for the Bask Country. On several stages the number of beds stays behind the growing number of pilgrims. For example in and around Ribadesella. There are two small albergues (with a total of about 22-24 beds) in Cuerres, 7km before Ribadesella, and then there is one municipal albergue in San Esteban de Leces, 5km after Ribadesella, with 38 beds. In Ribadesella there is only one hostel that is very popular and most of the time fully booked. A problem could be that houses on the Asturian coast can be pretty expensive though. But have a look yourself when you walk there!

My son and I walked parts of the Camino del Norte in June and July 2018. The municipal albergue in Cadavedo (https://www.gronze.com/asturias/cadavedo/albergue-peregrinos-cadavedo) has 12 beds. The night we stayed in the albergue, there were about 18 peregrinos, maybe more, the extras were accommodated in tents in the area around the albergue. No one was turned away. But there might be a need for additional accommodations in Cadavedo. Buen Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.