Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Yesa reservoir

Ribeirasacra

Camino(s) past & future
the highway
I hope I have posted this in the right section...if not can someone change it for me please.

I came across this website which states that a power company wants to increase the size of the Yesa Reservoir. The information says this affects what is A World Heritage site. And it seems that they have been fighting this enlargement for 10 years. But now this has taken on a new importance as the second in line to the Spanish crown, The Prince of Asturias, has become involved with the opposition to these plans.
Mot of the website is in Spanish but there is a small section on this page which is in English and French.
http://www.yesano.com/camino.htm
The home page is this:
http://www.yesano.com/entrada.htm
Ten years does seem like a long time to be fighting ones corner. Having got involved in some environmental issues here in Galicia I can assure you that in Spain some companies just do not give up and simply keep reissuing the same plans in the hopes of demoralizing the opposition. I do hope that you will find some way to support this group and defend not only the Camino but other important Spanish cultural sites too.

Advertisement

Booking.com