• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Yet another Caminio Movie / Blog 'Epic'.....

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
OK, we have given up editing........... My wonderful editing 'assistant' Maybelle has tried to edit down my 300+ blog videos into one summary 'compilation'. She's managed to get it down to 37 minutes.....

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...e-santiago-cf-robs-full-journey-youtube.3234/

I think she's done a great job pulling it together into a number of 'themes'. Any feedback is most welcome.

Disclaimer. The video is about my recent 40 day journey on the Camino Frances. It is very personal. Others journeys and experiences past, present and future may vary.......

Many Thanks, to those who I met along The Way and who participated not only in this video.......but who made my journey so special and so memorable.

Note: The sound at times is not great. (occasional wind noise) and at times the camera might shake. It was all shot on a Galaxy Note 3 Phone only using the internal microphone. My 'tripod' was whatever came to hand. A tree, a walking pole, a rock....... Next time (if there is one) I'll take a small external mic with a 'dead cat'. A sock to stop wind noise :)

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you for sharing the video, it was well put together and very informative.
I hope you have come down from the high of the camino.

Congratulations Rob, well done! I really enjoyed your video.
Thank you for sharing your journey.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Congratulations Rob, well done! I really enjoyed your video.
Thank you for sharing your journey.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Though the real credit has to go to Maybelle for her editing ;)

Thanks for sharing Rob. As you said sound is a problem and because of this I couldn't hear everything (then again I have hearing difficulties) and I felt that as a consequence I could not get the full experience you are offering. But enjoyable and I did like the things you said in your final reflection. So we are going to have you back then! Great. Look forward to episode two. ;)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks for sharing Rob. As you said sound is a problem and because of this I couldn't hear everything (then again I have hearing difficulties) and I felt that as a consequence I could not get the full experience you are offering. But enjoyable and I did like the things you said in your final reflection. So we are going to have you back then! Great. Look forward to episode two. ;)

Turn the sound up Al ;)

OK, we have given up editing........... My wonderful editing 'assistant' Maybelle has tried to edit down my 300+ blog videos into one summary 'compilation'. She's managed to get it down to 37 minutes.....

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...e-santiago-cf-robs-full-journey-youtube.3234/

I think she's done a great job pulling it together into a number of 'themes'. Any feedback is most welcome.

Disclaimer. The video is about my recent 40 day journey on the Camino Frances. It is very personal. Others journeys and experiences past, present and future may vary.......

Many Thanks, to those who I met along The Way and who participated not only in this video.......but who made my journey so special and so memorable.

Note: The sound at times is not great. (occasional wind noise) and at times the camera might shake. It was all shot on a Galaxy Note 3 Phone only using the internal microphone. My 'tripod' was whatever came to hand. A tree, a walking pole, a rock.......
Dear Rob, many thanks for the video. My husband and I were blessed to have done the camino starting April 1, shortly before your journey. Some of the views reminded us of our memories.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am really enjoying your video, Rob! The images you chose are beautiful and realistic, along with your running narrative. You are a light-hearted and friendly traveling companion, but quite introspective when you are on your own. Very sincere.

I am really enjoying your video, Rob! The images you chose are beautiful and realistic, along with your running narrative. You are a light-hearted and friendly traveling companion, but quite introspective when you are on your own. Very sincere.

Thanks for the kind feedback...

It was a very interesting and emotional journey...... I was a bit wary about sharing 'all' of it. But what the heck :) I wanted to capture every aspect of my journey good and bad, for my own record if nothing else. But if it's of interest to others, then that's great too. The audience initially was just going to be family and friends.... But I ended up with so much material, and had so much fun compiling it, it seemed a pity not to share it.

I actually enjoyed walking alone and reflecting.........a lot. Sometimes too much :eek:

Many, perhaps a majority of people, set out alone, but often then walk with their Camino family for days or weeks at a time. Because I wanted time to think and also because I walked so slow due to injury, I actually walked maybe 80-90 % of the time on my own. I found that time really precious and rewarding. Though I really valued the time I walked full days with a couple of 'special' Camino friends. You know who you are :) NO, it was not like that!

But by the end of the day as I entered whatever town or village was my stop for the night, I always headed to Pilgrim Central first (well second, after the local church) to see who I might know. I was ready for company by then!
It's often the case that the main square or first group of bars/cafes becomes the central 'hangout' for Pilgrims. And more times than not, I would meet Camino family members there to share the evening with. Sometimes pre arranged. Or indeed make new friends, from amongst those also walking alone. Some of my most memorable meals were with people who I just joined at a dinner table with....

I'm sure my journey was nothing special, and was very similar to thousands.......hundreds of thousands, even millions of other Pilgrims. But I think for each one of us that makes a journey like this........it's very special to us.

I really miss it :(

Transition back to day to day work is not proving that easy.

Maybe I'll take early retirement, grab my pack, and disappear into the sunset?

Pat my wife might have a view on that though :eek:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Rob: Like others, I've really enjoyed watching your videos and reading your blog. My wife and I will be walking the Camino Frances next May. While I'm sure everyone's Camino is different, more than any other blog or video I've seen, your's provides a sense of some of the day to day beauty, joys, and struggles the Camino has to offer, as well as the benefits of a positive attitude along the Way. Thanks.
Joe
P.S. The one downside of your videos is that my wife now knows about the alternatives to albergues. "You mean we don't have to sleep with 20 other people every night?":)

Rob: Like others, I've really enjoyed watching your videos and reading your blog. My wife and I will be walking the Camino Frances next May. While I'm sure everyone's Camino is different, more than any other blog or video I've seen, your's provides a sense of some of the day to day beauty, joys, and struggles the Camino has to offer, as well as the benefits of a positive attitude along the Way. Thanks.
Joe
P.S. The one downside of your videos is that my wife now knows about the alternatives to albergues. "You mean we don't have to sleep with 20 other people every night?":)

LOL.

I did stay in a few Albergues Joe! Just that I had my private space ..... and bathroom ;) Some were really great.

You know.........next time......having said once I finished that there would never be a next time :oops: .......... I could even be tempted to try some 'proper' Albergues :eek:

Sorry Joe.........but I just posted a list of Albergues with private rooms here :(https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/private-accomodation-and-rooms.35458/#post-328812

Last edited:
I know there are a lot of Camino movies, video blogs and slide shows around. We all love to share our experiences. Perhaps because it is such a deeply personal and unique journey?

One of the videos that inspired me to walk the Camino, apart from 'that' movie was one my Australian Mark Shea. It was made in 2004. Well worth a look if you have not seen it.
http://www.overlander.tv/the-way-camino-de-santiago-documentary-film-on-youtube/

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back