• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Yeti Sleeping bag

Waka

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Some but not all, and other routes too.
Does anyone have a Yeti sleeping bag? I'm looking at the lightweight 265g 12degree C and am wondering if this would be suitable for the VDLP starting from Saville in Feb. They are a bit expensive for us old pensioners so good advice is crucial.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Does anyone have a Teti sleeping bag? I'm looking at the lightweight 265g 12degree C and am wondering if this would be suitable for the VDLP starting from Saville in Feb. They are a bit expensive for us old pensioners so good advice is crucial.
Waka, i need a stiff g&t after a cursory glance at the first screen after putting in yeti sleeping bags, There must be something cheaper...

I just googled a bit more and found a site: wonderfulwellies.co.uk, for lightest bags... I would just hate to see you spend your hard earned pension money on a top of the range if it could be possible to find a cheaper but just as good option!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Waka, i need a stiff g&t after a cursory glance at the first screen after putting in yeti sleeping bags, There must be something cheaper...

Well the one I looked at was just over £300, but on further investigation there's a Nordisk for £185 a few grams heavier but 600 grams lighter that my Altus.
I have been looking at the website"ultralight outdoor gear.

I have a Yeti bag but not sure if it's that one. I love it. It unzips pretty much all the way so it can be used as quilt if the weather is hot. I've used it on a number of caminos and various summer camping trips. I paid around half the price for an older model but it was still an investment. If you think your camino will be a one-off I would get something a lot cheaper. If like me, you're going to be doing a series of trips, especially if camping and carrying a lot of gear then it's worth the investment.

This is getting quite old: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KaJNF62YmY1SgftFdqTiFYs7_l50SZF6YnTNLKQOvgs/edit?usp=sharing but it will give you an idea of costs and the weight for various sleeping bags.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Does anyone have a Yeti sleeping bag?
Yes, I have that bag. Yes, I nearly had a heart attack when I paid the bill (in Switzerland, no less, because they weren't available in the US at that time, so you know it wasn't cheap). Yes, it has been worth every penny. It has been on every trip since Prague - so that's six years now. Impossibly light. Impossibly compact. Impossibly comfortable. However, I'm sure there are other products on the market that would provide the necessary warmth for less money.

Yeti arrived in my neck of the woods just a few years ago. I thought they only made individual insulated aluminum products for coffee/water containers or to hold pop or beer cans (which we have a couple of), and very expensive food coolers for camping, as these items are what I've seen in stores. I guess I need to google it as apparently they market many other products.... Sleeping bags are news to me!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You don't need and expensive sleeping bag for albergues. I carried a cheap bag $30.00 good down to 40 degrees and it worked for my winter Camino. Most Albergues offered blankets but I seldom used them.

Sleeping bags: Feather Friends out of Seattle WA. Tops!

Hammocks: Hennessy Also tops!

The Yeti sleeping bags and hammocks seem rather pricey.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You don't need and expensive sleeping bag for albergues. I carried a cheap bag $30.00 good down to 40 degrees and it worked for my winter Camino. Most Albergues offered blankets but I seldom used them.

I agree a cheap sleeping bag would be ideal except for the weight. I have an Altus but it comes in at 860 grams, what Ive been looking at shaves 500 grams off that. I really need to loose some weight so I can carry more water for the long stretches.

I agree a cheap sleeping bag would be ideal except for the weight. I have an Altus but it comes in at 860 grams, what Ive been looking at shaves 500 grams off that. I really need to loose some weight so I can carry more water for the long stretches.
Well, you could always use is at home as a duvet afterwards to rationalise the expense! Whatever you find, you have to embrace the decision with gusto, and as my dear mother used to say: to hell with poverty!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Here's another question regarding what to take. I've just bought myself a new Rab rain jacket, very nice and comfy. What I'm thinking of is leaving my marino fleece at home, buying another base layer to replace it and save another 250 grams, I'll then wear my rain jacket in place of the fleece.
Does the team think I'm going a little over the top

Here's another question regarding what to take. I've just bought myself a new Rab rain jacket, very nice and comfy. What I'm thinking of is leaving my marino fleece at home, buying another base layer to replace it and save another 250 grams, I'll then wear my rain jacket in place of the fleece.
Does the team think I'm going a little over the top
Wake, from your avatar you are not a novice at this! The most important person here is your good self. If it will help that bandaged knee- do it.

Rain jacket vs fleece vs merino wool shirt

All different animals

Most rain jackets eventually will trap moisture inside it. Thus you and your base layer become damp or wet.
Which means you get cold.
Fleece is bulky.

Merino wool is best base layer.

I only use my light weight rain jacket for rain.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Aegismax UL down sleeping bag (14 oz.) mummy bag

Another video about this bag, This is one of a 3 part series on budget ultralight gear. all 3 vids are informative.

Aegismax down sleeping bag (Rectangle) (534 grams)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C2N8KTJ/?tag=casaivar02-20

MY SOLUTION (but I still have time to change my mind)
Costco down quilt in a small stuff sack.
The quilt is $20 at Costco or available in a 2 pack for $40
I bought an aegis max stuff sack for $9 on Amazon,
Video about this quilt.

I don't like having my feet restrained by a bag, so I was searching for a quilt option. There are many vids on youtube about modifying this quilt to be used as a bag if you want.

Let's hear it for a budget Camino!

Aegismax UL down sleeping bag (14 oz.) mummy bag

Another video about this bag, This is one of a 3 part series on budget ultralight gear. all 3 vids are informative.

Aegismax down sleeping bag (Rectangle) (534 grams)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C2N8KTJ/?tag=casaivar02-20

MY SOLUTION (but I still have time to change my mind)
Costco down quilt in a small stuff sack.
The quilt is $20 at Costco or available in a 2 pack for $40
I bought an aegis max stuff sack for $9 on Amazon,
Video about this quilt.

I don't like having my feet restrained by a bag, so I was searching for a quilt option. There are many vids on youtube about modifying this quilt to be used as a bag if you want.

Let's hear it for a budget Camino!
I met an old friend on Monday - she's in from BC to do a stint in the Pilgrim Office. We were chatting over a glass or two when another Canadian came by and we got to talking about bedding.

My friend Paula now goes for half a Costco throw and some silk sheeting. You run a seam down the middle of the throw from end to end - you can make it wider if you wish. Cut the length of the seam so you now have a "single bed" width. Take a sheet of silk (or whatever you prefer) of the same size and sew the two together to make a bag. Turn the bag inside out so the cut edge is invisible and the seam looks neat.

If it's a hot night you can sleep inside the bag with the padding beneath and just the sheet on top. If it's cooler then the sheet goes to the bottom.

Personally I'll stick with Trecile's method of throw inside a silk liner but like the idea of just a silk sheet on top if it's too warm.

Does anyone have a Yeti sleeping bag? I'm looking at the lightweight 265g 12degree C and am wondering if this would be suitable for the VDLP starting from Saville in Feb. They are a bit expensive for us old pensioners so good advice is crucial.
Yes, I treated myself to one for my long walk to Jerusalem. Expensive but weight was crucial and I was camping. I love it.
I wouldn’t have bought one specially for a Camino, though.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.