• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Yoga on the camino

Orla Joyce

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked Sarria to Santiago in 17, now hope to walk the rest of the caminos over the next few years
Hi All, just wondering if anyone has come across drop in yoga classes aling their camino walk?
Orla

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have seen flyers on bulletin boards in albergues offering yoga. I don't know how consistently they are available. I have seen many pilgrims doing yoga, so you mind find others along the way and not need classes.

Thanks for that. Plenty of time to see what's going on. Not going til April. But now that my flights are booked I'm all about the planning

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Casa Verde in Hospital de Orbigo has a yoga class in the evening before supper. Highly recommend!
Ah brilliant. Thank you

I have seen flyers on bulletin boards in albergues offering yoga. I don't know how consistently they are available. I have seen many pilgrims doing yoga, so you mind find others along the way and not need classes.
I completed the Frances in June and unsuccessfully searched for a yoga class. I just ended up practicing in albergues, plazas, etc., of course without a mat.

Wife was constantly on the lookout for yoga, but the closest she came was an albergue with a yoga room but no instructor. We met a traveling yoga instructor who said he was hosting evening sessions wherever he stopped, but we never met up with him again.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Casa Verde in Hospital de Orbigo has a yoga class in the evening before supper. Highly recommend!

Lovely albergue in a pretty grim area, just off the main road as it is, and even as a non-vegetarian I thorughly enjoyed the home grown, meat free meal. the yoga class was good, though for someone who hasn't done it in a long time pretty full on.

Lovely albergue in a pretty grim area
A bit harsh! It is near a supermercado and several restaurants. "Downtown" is only about a five minute walk away. I know "grim" is in the eyes of the beholder, but the albergues, all of them, are on a busier highway in San Martin, probably making them grim as well.;)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A bit harsh! It is near a supermercado and several restaurants. "Downtown" is only about a five minute walk away. I know "grim" is in the eyes of the beholder, but the albergues, all of them, are on a busier highway in San Martin, probably making them grim as well.;)

You're right @falcon269 , perhaps not beautiful would be closer to accurate. It just came as a surprise to find such a nice albergue next(ish) to a busy main road junction.

In case you are thinking about walking across the Pyrenees on the Camino Frances this year and resting your tired feet at the Albergue in Roncesvalles, I am delighted to announce that hospitalera Zen Librarian will be offering daily donativo "Yoga for Pilgrims" sessions again between 31 May and 13 June 2019.
Spread the word!52654

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Wonderful @Zen Librarian, and thank you for your service. I hope your two weeks are rewarding and pleasurable. And that managing bed numbers is not too stressful.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back