• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

You know you're a pilgrim(or soon to be) when...

When you have a brass scallop shell with the total number of miles you cycled set into your gate post - pointing to Santiago...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
When wearing your rain gear in the shower seems totally normal to you...

When you used to take a suitcase for weekend travel and now everything you need fits EASILY in a backpack..

When you walk by fashion clothing shops are all you can think it "its all totally impractable"

:rolleyes:

You have your rucksac sorted and packed as for a hot day (fleeces etc are 'in' not 'on') .... and autumn is coming......and winter..........and spring.......... but you are ready:)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
...when you constant think about the pilgrimage and it always brings a smile to your face. Over and year and 3 months since I finished my first Camino and still brings a tear to the eye sometimes. Buen camino peregrinos.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
when you buy a backpack, take it home, and pack it and model it for your husband, who says, ":rolleyes:you already know what you are packing?" and that seems like an utterly unreasonable question, because the kit has been together for a few months already, and your Camino is still more than 9 months away...:)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
When you've made about a dozen different plans for walking the Camino, trying to fit the most into the days you have without killing your self.
http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-G...AAAAAAKEQ/DUsOq-7VRFw/s2048-no-k/IMAGE_3.jpeg

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-L...AAAAAAKEI/0JIL0n5og3I/s2048-no-k/IMAGE_2.jpeg
I had to laugh at this post. OMG I find myself doing that too. Planning each day making sure I find out all the points of interest...figuring out what I will do on each day...if I will speed up towards the end how far can I make it in a day...
ITS THE BEST...planning is almost as fun as walking it I think. Our Camino's start where we are. I remembered that today when I was driving along the road doing chores. I hear it in my head all the time. "your Camino starts with today...where you are.." so then I started blessing the people I drove by...wishing them a silent Buen Camino!

Glad to hear you are so absorbed...it can only be a good thing!

Buen Camino

You know you are a pilgrim when...........

you are back home and while walking to work each morning you say to yourself 'oh today is Tuesday and it was on a Tuesday that I walked from Estella to Los Arcos or Astorga to Rabanal ........

you find it impossible to look back over your Camino photos without smiling

on your return flight home you spend the entire time planning your return visit to the Camino

you find yourself sending and receiving emails and photos all over the world to new Camino Comrades you have met along the way

...........oh and when you get settled in the Albergue the first thing you do is check out the toilet paper situation before you go to use the facilities !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

to be continued...............................................................

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
... a couple of weeks into the camino, you've just had coffee in a bar, and you look round it in a panic because you can't see your rucksack, only to realise that it's still on your back because you didn't bother to take it off as you're so used to the weight.

You walk up to an intersection and automatically start searching for the yellow arrows. I am in Logrono now! Buen Camino!

When you've been traveling by train from Amsterdam for 14 hours and you haven't seen anyone resembling a pilgrim for the entire way and your next-to-the-last connection is late getting into Bayonne. You have only 60 seconds to get across the station to the tiny single-car train to St. Jean Pied-de-Port...the final one for the evening! You run as fast as you can, bursting into the train to discover the luggage racks full of backpacks, and everyone wearing hiking boots. And there are still two seats left.

Chris & Laura
Glad I wasn't the only one racing for that train!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
When your deciding which background music best fits your "walking into Santiago "final video segment. Before you even left home.

...When you contemplate every purchase in terms of how many euros it would buy for a day in Spain~

..................... Maybe it's when like me you are about to leave the house to meet two pilgrims you haven't met before in an hour's time, and you don't care what your wearing, how you look and whether or not you will say the right things because.......................... You have a deep, deep feeling you will be welcomed, not judged and with friends you have never met?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
When no weather conditions can make you hesitate over your walk in the park or a walk elsewhere. Just give me the right shoes and rain jacket ;)

You get ridiculously excited when you see a yellow and blue scallop tile on a church in Brussels.

You make a detour to Covent Garden in London where there are six outdoor shops and you wait 2 hours for them to open on a Sunday.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'll put my hand up for some more socks please :)
Edit:-
Plus - you watch the post, waiting for your new 'credenciales' to arrive

Last edited:
When you pray someone will invent a better pack towel before your next Camino so you will be spared lusting for a normal towel as you walk....

-when I returned home a few years ago, and generally stopped buying things! I learned that I can do with only so little. So now I am trying to 'unclutter' - a difficult process, though (the uncluttering phase) ...

annelise

A selection of Camino Jewellery
When you wonder why all the tourists in the plaza are sitting on the benches instead of the ground like you and your fellow pilgrims

1st Camino - never again, that lasted about a month before the planning started
2nd Camino - started to miss it BEFORE I got on the plane home
3rd Camino - the countdown has already started, 1 year less a day. Gotta plan ahead (and save some $$$)
Yep - I'm a pilgrim !

A selection of Camino Jewellery
When you have switched totally to Café Cortado in your café, and you add "por favor" per reflex when ordering.....
( I have had to tell some baristas how to make it and they now call me the Cortado Man..)

And you are a pilgrim if and when you spot a new prospect member eagerly asking for instruction how to even start planning a camino project....
When you feel their yearning and sense their eager impatience to get started,
and when you can supply them with every answer they need...

then you feel the real connection to the living Camino; - passing it on is your privelege and your duty..

And thus we keep the Camino alive, however we walk it....

...when it's time to sleep you roll out your sleeping bag, put in your earplugs, saying "Buenos Noches" and go to sleep....while your wife is looking at you, smile and just let you go sleep.... ;)

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back