• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

You might be a Pilgrim if...

Wokabaut_Meri

somewhere along the Way
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2015
Pilgrims Way 2018
Via Francigena #1 Canterbury-Dover 2018
Being a relatively newbie to this forum I have been delighted by some of the 'lighter' threads such In Retrospect: Top 5 Things You Wish You'd Known and What one guilty luxury item have you brought on the Camino?

One of the blogs that I chanced upon in my Camino research was You Might Be a Pilgrim if: or 56 Ways to Identify an American Post-Camino Peregrino in Withdrawal but I'm certain that it can relate to all of us. It is a lovely overview. Apologies if this has been posted before but I couldn't find it in a site search.

I got caught out saying 'Hola!' when greeting people.

What more can you all add about the crazy unconscious things that you have done back home post Camino?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sleeping in your walking shorts for a few nights before you realize you are back home and can go commando. I've been back from San Anton for 3 weeks and still using "hola" everywhere I go and ordering a glass of red wine is just as difficult. Oh well, I'll be back in Burgos in a week so I can continue my Spanglish lifestyle until the middle of September.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
After a shower, and still in the cubicle, I wring out my washcloth and dry myself with it, before stepping out . . . . and finding a huge big fluffy bathtowel on the rail, instead of my tiny lightweight microfibre towel :rolleyes:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sitting in my office wondering what the heck I am doing here.......rather than being outside walking in the Park.

Washing my work shirt and underwear as soon as I get home from work and hanging it out to dry ..... (my wife remarking, you do have other shirts!)

Eating 4-5 times a day..... :(

Checking the colour of my pee regularly and topping up with water as required......

Having a half bottle of red wine each evening with dinner :( And I found some good inexpensive Spanish Reds at my local bottle shop!

Last edited:
You don't understand that not everyone keeps a spreadsheet of how heavy their clothes are, and are shocked to realize that they purchase underwear without finding out its weight first.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
When on a beautiful August Friday evening, after a long and stressful week at work, you find yourself visiting your local healthfood store to find out what all the Dr Bonner's soap is all about.

Ok you Dr Bonner's soap fans, liquid or solid, and what scent for washing clothes?

Last edited by a moderator:
When on a beautiful August Friday evening, after a long and stressful week at work, you find yourself visiting your local healthfood store to find out what all the Dr Bonner's soap is all about.

Ok you Dr Bonner's soap fans, liquid or solid, and what scent for washing clothes?

I took peppermint along with me...great for laundry but not recommended for certain delicates on the body.

When giving directions and you're asked the question "Is it far?", you confidently but mischievously answer "It's walking distance".

When discussing sleeping arrangements, who 'goes on top' generally sparks more excitement after your Camino than during it.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Walking out of the house without a handbag. Because on Camino everything valuable (phone, passport, wallet) is in a security pocket in my clothes. And I've also walked out of the house without keys.

Turning the water off in the shower after wetting, then soaping down, the back on to rinse, all in very few minutes. So lucky at home to have as much hot water as I want.

Looking around for the box where I can store my left-over cheese, bread and tomato after lunch - and sorely missing the good olives in the small plastic bags with the green logo.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am currently working as a Hospitalaro in a newly reopened Donativo Albergue in Vergen del Camino, just a short distance from Leon. It was closed for 5 years due to, initially the pandemic. It is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back