• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Your Camino Experience

maks

Time of past OR future Camino
10 Caminos, 2005-16;
St .Jean -> Finisterrae, Autumn 2017 (up-coming)
Hello everyone!
I am new to this forum, but the few posts I've read make me feel like I've just arrived at an awesome Albergue, for which I am very thankful!
The university I teach at has asked me to give a talk about the Camino. I can, of course, talk about the Camino, my experiences, the great many stories I connect with it, for hours and hours. However, for this occasion, I thought it would be a great addition to present some things other pilgrims have to say about what the Camino has meant to them, has given them, in what way it may have impacted them. And that's why I am addressing you, fellow pilgrims!
The overwhelming majority of my expected audience, such as it may be, will have no knowledge about the Camino, let alone experiences on it. Therefore, the idea of having a few words from other pilgrims' experiences might contribute to making the whole topic somewhat more tangible and "real". I've thought of placing some quotes on a small poster (maybe A-2 size) that people could look at as they enter or leave the auditorium. So, if you feel like helping me out with your two cents, please give a laconic (awfully unfair, I know!) answer to what really is the same question:
-What has the Camino meant to you?
-What has it given you?
-In what ways has it impacted you the most?
- or any other rendition of the same...
And, only if you feel like it, you are also most welcome to give a name (or an initial), your city and/or country and the year(s) of your pilgrimage -- this might give it all even more of a personal touch.
I hope this request doesn't strike you as too awkward and finds some response, and any and all input will be hugely appreciated!
And, by the way, if anyone is or will happen to be in Western Kansas in a couple of weeks (which I, honestly and unfortunately, dare to doubt) -- you're more than welcome to join!
Gracias y Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back