• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Your favorite Sello

A selection of Camino Jewellery
On the Invierno, between Sarria and Ourense.
The design includes the rose window of the 12th C chapel next door.
IMG_6753.JPG
the quality and creativity of the sello is often proportional to the quality of the experience.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
An old thread but I got a great sello (carimbo in these parts) today that I wanted to share. The pension where we’re staying in Mértola (Casa do Funil) didn’t have a stamp but one of the owners is an urban sketcher so he made two of these special sellos for us!

Edit: the sketch shows the clock tower of Mértola which can be seen from the accommodation.

1852C42B-98B8-451A-B51A-FDC8C0294015.jpeg

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
An old thread but I got a great sello (carimbo in these parts) today that I wanted to share. The pension where we’re staying in Mértola (Casa do Funil) didn’t have a stamp but one of the owners is an urban sketcher so he made two of these special sellos for us!

Edit: the sketch shows the clock tower of Mértola which can be seen from the accommodation.

View attachment 99378
I didn't notice that this thread was old until you mentioned it! I hope it keeps going.
Your "one of a kind" sello is special indeed!

It's hard to understand why this thread disappeared so quickly long ago. Thanks for resurrecting it @jungleboy!
A cheerful diversion on a gloomy wet day to browse old credencials.
This beautiful one is a depiction of the magnificent dome of Iglesia de la Peregrina in Sahagun.
IMG_2320.jpeg

It's hard to understand why this thread disappeared so quickly long ago.
Presumably we were all out walking, busily gathering sellos in realtime. Now would have been a much better time to post this thread.
:oops:;)
Thanks for ressurecting it, @jungleboy !

On the Invierno, between Sarria and Ourense.
The design includes the rose window of the 12th C chapel next door.
Where is this, Paul?? I missed it!
That one you just posted from Sahagun is a real beauty.

Presumably we were all out walking, busily gathering sellos in realtime. Now would have been a much better time to post this thread.
:oops:;)
Thanks for ressurecting it, @jungleboy !

Where is this, Paul?? I missed it!
That one you just posted from Sahagun is a real beauty.
On the Miño, south of the dam.
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 3.11.01 pm.jpeg
The hostal, is basically next door to the church, hidden in the trees. Not sure if it is still open.
P1150008-compressor.jpeg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
On the Miño, south of the dam
Ohhhh. I see now. North of where the Invierno crosses it at Belesar.
🙏
Hmmmmmm. Next time a detour may be in order.
A bit less than 8 km from Diamondi; it's labelled 'temporarily closed,' hopefully that's not permanent!

Sorry for the digression. Back to sellos!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210505-140905_OsmAnd.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505-140905_OsmAnd.jpg
    916.9 KB · Views: 31
My husband and I received these sellos at Art's Gallery just outside of Triacastela (Sept/Oct CF 2019).
We happened to run into Arthur as he was returning from his daily walk. He invited us into his gallery,
provided us with a personal sello and asked if he could pray with us for our pilgrimage. It was a lovely moment.

Attachments

• 20210505_072948.jpg
    20210505_072948.jpg
    885.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210505_074058.jpg
    20210505_074058.jpg
    674.2 KB · Views: 38
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The Roncesvalles sello that I posted above is from March 1989.
I figured it was quite a long time ago. In more recent years they would definitely get "writer's cramp" with the volume of pilgrims coming through their doors if they continued such an extra personal touch.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have a few good ones, but this is my all time favorite. Joe did this for each pilgrim, after the (Excellent!) dinner was gone, and we were polishing off the wine. He scribbled these by hand with a green pen for each pilgrim at the table.

Attachments

• Camino y Leyenda.jpg
    Camino y Leyenda.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 43
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@David Tallan, this seems to me a very special stamp! It is not the stamp of the albergue, but it must be the stamp of the collegial Church. I suppose the signature is from Don Jesús Labiano, who was the prior in that time. He is still alive, a frail old man of 95 years old or so. Every now and then he still attends masses, and sometimes he reads the names of the countries of pilgrims who are sleeping in the albergue that night. Although he is very fragile he has a nice clear voice, and of the priests who live in the Monastry of Roncesvalles he is the only one who speaks English.

Last edited:
The church in Sahagun issued this striking "half-way" certificate.
View attachment 99442
We were in Sahagún the same day Paul. June 9th had us visiting the clinic through; Peg was suffering from the dreaded meseta gastrointestinal disease. We remained for a few days in a private room at the Monasterio de Santa Cruz.
sahagun12_5356b21bf3ce653fcd82d2b557e818ea.jpg

We did get the certificate. I translated it. If you are interested in reading it you can find it at this post:

The Chartes links I posted there are broken now though and I haven't found another site yet to direct people to.

The stay worked out well as the town was celebrating its saint day that weekend and we got to see a running of the bulls and other festivities.
N01300-HOR.jpg N03500-HOR.jpg

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My favorite sello, so detailed. When I came upon this village there was a line at this alburgue so I got in it. I was the last one in line and I got the last bed. The Camino provides. 👣
View attachment 114881
I have that same sello from two of my Caminos when I stayed at that lovely albergue in Hornillos. I remember the second time I stayed there I was the first pilgrim of the day and had time to chat with the couple who run and reside in the albergue. I remember him telling me he was an artist/illustrator I believe and designed that sello.
The communal dinners were nice, too. I loved the paella they served.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Stretching the OP question a little but my favourite sellos are the very elaborate combination of stamps and calligraphy collected at each of the 88 temples of the Shikoku pilgrimage circuit. Pilgrims carry a special book for them and collecting them is an integral part of the temple rituals for most pilgrims. An alternative practice is to have the stamps printed on to a white pilgrim shirt. This is the final entry in my nokyo-cho stamp book marking my final temple visit after a journey of about 1200km. A very memorable experience. One I might well repeat when circumstances are more auspicious again.

IMG_20211218_195517~2.jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.