• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Your Favourite Photos

MeganG22

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP-->SdC
(Oct3-Nov3 2012)
Pamplona-->SdC
(Oct1-Oct29 2014)
Upcoming!
Pamplona-->SdC
May 1-? 2017
I searched for a photo thread but seemed to come up empty handed. I would love it if people shared photos of their journey here... maybe just one or two... ones you love or that show something marvelous. Feel free to explain or not. I'm just trying to fill a Camino shaped void in my heart right now ;)

This is my favourite photo that I took, after leaving Cacabelos... if my memory serves me correctly.
cacabelos.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I searched for a photo thread but seemed to come up empty handed. I would love it if people shared photos of their journey here... maybe just one or two... ones you love or that show something marvelous. Feel free to explain or not. I'm just trying to fill a Camino shaped void in my heart right now ;)

This is my favourite photo that I took, after leaving Cacabelos... if my memory serves me correctly.
View attachment 7051
Really beautiful!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
IMG_6189.JPG

Can't give an exact location but about 20/35 kms after Santiago on the way to Finisterre.

Last edited:
IMG_6060.JPG

The lovely little hamlet of San Cristobo on the way between Triacastela and Samos.

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Jeesus one favourite from about 800 photos hmmmmm.....
I have shown one in another thread so I go with this one as it makes me happy. Early morning the sun came up and hit the sunflowers. And this happy face stayed with me the whole day.
Camino+Frances+2013-Day15-3.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Soooo beautiful!
I knoooooooow, it was a magical morning day 15, left La Virgen del Camino and hit a gravel road with large fields around me. I was alone, sun was coming up and i was so blessed being there. I had one of those moments when you just stops and think "my gosh I'm I really here?!". So the picture is a good looking one but it is also an emotional memory for me.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Oh thanks, will add some of my favourites there. Just have to narrow them down a bit :)
Hmmm the community page says "Please share all your pilgrimage photos here." Hm.... I have about 600 pics from CF and it will be around 100 from Finisterre/Muxía+Camino Inglés :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Burguete Trio!! Sunday, 29 May 2011-- this lovely trio was heading out to Church on a beautiful Sunday morning in Burguete. As I walked by, I took out my camera to snapped a picture. Their father told them to pose for me. It took me less than 30 seconds to snapped this picture and it remains one of my most cherished pictures of the Camino that year! Their garb emphasizes the strong ethnic pride from the people in the Navarra region.
Burguete Trio.jpg

Last edited:
Burguete Trio!! Sunday, 29 May 2011-- this lovely trio was heading out to Church on a beautiful Sunday morning in Burguete. As I walked by, I took out my camera to snapped a picture. Their father told them to pose for me. It took less than 30 seconds to snapped this picture, but it remains one of my most cherished pictures of the Camino that year! Their garb emphasizes the strong ethnic pride from the people in the Navarra region.
View attachment 7142
They are adorable!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
They are adorable!

I Know!! :D ; absolutely!! It always brings joy to my heart when I looked at this picture; it is almost as if it captures everything that is unexpectedly good and joyful about the Camino. I hope to go back one day and hand this picture to one of them! So many gorgeous pics on this post! WOW!!

Last edited:
No comment is necessary...
View attachment 7144
Hi Peter and Christine -
Peter ... you DO LOOK a tad uncomfortable ... how far was the next village ???!
Everyone - gorgeous photos - thanks for sharing them with our Forum community. 'Looking forward to seeing lots more!
Cheers - Jenny

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Long time since I looked at Camino Pictures on the web.
The vegetation and the sky seem particularly brilliant in the new slideshows.

Is that PhotoShop being used to enhance photos, or am I just feeling a particular longing to return.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Loving this thread! Awesome photos. Can't wait to have some of my own...:)

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Have just been looking at a set of Camino photos by Denise, who has put some of her photos on the Camino Forum Flickr group. http://www.flickr.com/photos/deniselc/sets/72157637714662524/
Denise, if you are reading this, you arrived in Santiago just after a friend of mine from Quebec. You appeared to have very settled weather for most of your walk- but it sure rained at the end- and I know my friend walked in some torrential rain the last couple of days. I found it interesting seeing all your September/October photos with all their autumnal kind of hues to the land. I walked in spring when it was much greener and wetter- and I always find it interesting how our memories of places are so coloured by the weather we encounter while there.
Margaret

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
On the Camino Norte. Besides my morning Cafe' con leche and napolatina, I rarely stop walking. However, if there is chocolate, wine, or puppies (sometimes all 3), I might not ever get going again. This was nearly a 1/2 hour play time.

38834_450478713114_7341098_n.jpg

This is really lovely. Of the many photos of Finisterre that I've seen, I've not seen one from this angle and view before.
Thanks. It was a nice place to stand and watch the "world end" by the horizon, well worth the effort to go up there.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Have just been looking at a set of Camino photos by Denise, who has put some of her photos on the Camino Forum Flickr group. http://www.flickr.com/photos/deniselc/sets/72157637714662524/
Denise, if you are reading this, you arrived in Santiago just after a friend of mine from Quebec. You appeared to have very settled weather for most of your walk- but it sure rained at the end- and I know my friend walked in some torrential rain the last couple of days. I found it interesting seeing all your September/October photos with all their autumnal kind of hues to the land. I walked in spring when it was much greener and wetter- and I always find it interesting how our memories of places are so coloured by the weather we encounter while there.
Margaret

Margaret,
I did have many days with nice weather, also some rainy ones and it did rain the last two days into Santiago. I didn't take many pictures in the rain because I was afraid of getting my camera wet although I did take many on the way into Santiago, since it was my final day!

Hope you enjoyed my photos. They were just a few of my favorites!

Denise

phone 351 (640x615) (2).jpg
Window in dorm Albergue Villares de Orbigo Spain . This is one the most beautiful albergues on the Camino Frances. The colour is great and you can just get a glimpse of someone relaxing on the sofa in the opposite verhanda.

DSC_0804 (640x429).jpg

Notice in Alberguel Casar de Caceres Extremadura Spain on Via de la Plata. This free albergue is situated in the town square. They provided this free tumble drier so as to avoid having your "intimate clothing" dangling in the centre of their lovely town.

Nalod

www.dermotdolan.blogspot.ie

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Jeesus one favourite from about 800 photos hmmmmm.....
I have shown one in another thread so I go with this one as it makes me happy. Early morning the sun came up and hit the sunflowers. And this happy face stayed with me the whole day.
Camino+Frances+2013-Day15-3.jpg

I loved the early morning sunflowers, too. Great shot with the smiley face :)

sunflower.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Which part of the camino are the sunflower fields located? Its so beautiful..

You'll find them in quite a few places. My favorite areas for sunflowers were from Villalcazar to Sahagun, Najera to Redecilla del Camino, and Pamplona to Puente la Reina.

Best, Drew

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thanks Lise T,

The only downside to this pic is it was it was taken on the iPhone and it hasn't given the best pixel quality. However it looks good on A4 size so a perfect present for my parents and bedside table picture for me to remind me of my achievement each night before I sleep.....dreaming of my next camino

I love this thread!! I can feel the heart and soul that each pilgrim put into his/her pilgrimage through the photos shared and the comments made. I hope more pilgrims share more and more.

€46,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Another one of my favorites is this shot I took of the bridge in Puenta la Reina. I have this hanging on my office wall, so I can see it while I work. I was lucky to get such a calm morning, and if you look close, you can see a solitary pilgrim dressed in orange at the center of the bridge. I didn't know the pilgrim, but they really made the shot for me.

Puentalareina2.jpg

€83,-
Amazing photos!!! I can't wait to experience my Camino and capture some photographs of my own or take mental shots... only 5 weeks to go before I set off from home!
I'm going to have a wonderful adventure on my Camino!
Thank you for this amazing thread and for sharing your beautiful photos... sure does bring out the Camino spirit ;)

Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back