• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Your Favourite Walking Music - That Seems to Transport You

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
No, I don't walk along all the time with my ear buds in 😛

But most days I like to listen to a couple of music tracks.
Often when I'm alone on the path and in some magical / beautiful landscape.

I love to listen to Music that seems to lift my heart and soul.
You know what I mean I'm sure.
Music that has the power to almost take you to 'another place'........

I often listen whilst alone on the path, because I'll frequently sing along at the top of my voice :eek:

My latest favourite band are Maati Baani. I love this track.
Though to fully appreciate it, I'll need to start leaning Hindustani!

The male vocalist is Mooralala Marwada, what a character! It's shot in his village.
The female vocalist is Nirali Kartik, a classically/traditionally trained Hindustani Vocalist.
(Her husband Kartik Shah in on guitar)

I appreciate it might not be everyone's 'Cup of Tea'.........
But watch up to the 1 minute point before you bail out ;)

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

I often listen whilst alone on the path, because I'll frequently sing along at the top of my voice :eek:

The male vocalist is Mooralala Marwada, what a character! It's shot in his village.
The female vocalist is Nirali Kartik, a classically/traditionally trained Hindustani Vocalist.

Thank you Robo that was wonderful! Made my day. Will be looking up more of them

Here is one I sing going over the Pyrenees or up to O'Cebreiro maybe

Davey

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
“Forever young” Dylan, Baez, Stewart
“Miles from Nowhere” Cat Stevens
“On the road Again” Canned Heat
Vivaldi........ I should clarify. I sing these in my head or out loud, without anyone near and I DON'T know the words.

Last edited:

“Holy Grail” by the Australian band Hunters and Collectors has been my motivational anthem through five caminos now, and i’m Sure it will be again. Great pick-me-up for those points when I feel myself struggling.

I too love that kind of music, it is so....clever.
I never walk with music in my ears, but i like to have some music in my head (would be a challenge with this one i think :))

Since I first found it on this forum the song "Andar conmigo" by Julieta Venegas has been one of my favorites:

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Before I left home I downloaded into my iPhone every song, symphony, and group I ever loved; my play lists were queued up to reflect whatever I was feeling on the Camino at any given time. Over the length of the Frances, however, I never listened even once to my music. The ever changing landscapes, aromas, and sounds of the Camino were music enough—their notes lifted me like no musical score ever could. I basked in the splendor of the Camino in all its moods.

Beethoven's violin concerto, especially early in the morning with sunrise. Simply glorious. lifted my sprit high.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I carry a small iPod with earbuds (yeah, I'm "old fashioned") with a boatload of songs on them, but for the past couple of months, while training, all I listen to are Spanish and French lessons (mainly Spanish lessons). I do have the soundtrack for "The Way" on my iPod, and I plan on listening to that as I head out of SJPdP next month.

I too, downloaded songs I thought I might love to on the Camino, and only rarely listened to them, mostly when I was tired or my feet hurt - hands down favorite artist is Enya - the most obvious tune being "Pilgrim" but also "May it Be", "So I Can Find My Way", "A Moment Lost", and so on.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I walked in memory of my father who passed away two weeks before Christmas in 2016. Every morning on the Camino, I walked an hour or so alone listening to a piece of music that has special meaning for the two of us. It was like having a conversation with him through music and it brought back so many precious memories.
For obvious reasons, many of them are pretty sad music but there are also quite a few exceptions:

-
Friar Alessandro sings César Franck and Thomas Aquinas - Panis Angelicus​
-
Gunar Letzbor plays Biber - Passacaglia in G Minor "The Guardian Angel"
- Elina Garanko sings Saint Saens - Samson et Dalila, "Mon Coeur S'ouvre a ta Voix"
- Kenny G plays Rodgers - My Favourite Things
- Curzon plays Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 23 in A Major: Adagio​

This is another favourite....
A bit more contemporary!
In the New York Subway?

Hey Robo here is an old fave of mine. I used to live in Beyoglu, Istanbul. A few times I came across these lovely people busking. The group is called Light in Babylon. She is Iranian/Israeli singing in Hebrew live in Istanbul! They are still going and slowly getting off the streets. Enjoy

Davey

I walked in memory of my father who passed away two weeks before Christmas in 2016. Every morning on the Camino, I walked an hour or so alone listening to a piece of music that has special meaning for the two of us. It was like having a conversation with him through music and it brought back so many precious memories.
For obvious reasons, many of them are pretty sad music but there are also quite a few exceptions:

-
Friar Alessandro sings César Franck and Thomas Aquinas - Panis Angelicus
-
Gunar Letzbor plays Biber - Passacaglia in G Minor "The Guardian Angel"

- Elina Garanko sings Saint Saens - Samson et Dalila, "Mon Coeur S'ouvre a ta Voix"

- Kenny G plays Rodgers - My Favourite Things

- Curzon plays Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 23 in A Major: Adagio
I also loved listening to Bach's unaccompanied cello sonatas at sunrise and sunset. I am very sorry for your loss.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back